dbx 160A Compressor / Limiter
dbx 160A Compressor / LimiterDetails
The dbx 160A Compressor/Limiter is the latest addition to the legendary dbx 160 family of compressor/limiters. Delivering the same classic sound, easy setup and no compromise metering, the dbx 160A now features an improved signal path and stronger chassis design. The 19-segment, switchable input/output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level while the 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at-a-glance. Complete with switch-selectable compression curves and ranging threshold, ratio and output controls, the dbx 160A Compressor/Limiter is perfect for any live sound environment.
Product Ref: 8822View Full Description
Buy on finance from £13.94 per month Finance from £13.94 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The dbx® 160 Series
Since its introduction in the mid 1970's, the dbx 160 series has been the world's most popular line of audio compressors. After the classic 160 - which is still used daily in many world-class studios - came the 165, the 160X and the 160XT. Solid construction, fool proof operation, great sound, at-a-glance metering and bulletproof output stage all contributed to its popularity with musicians, recording studios, consultants and installers, and broadcast producers alike.
OverEasy® and Hard Knee Compression
The dbx 160A features switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves, along with exceptionally wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls. True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to ''brick wall'' peak limiting. Low ratios combined with OverEasy® compression is perfect for transparently smoothing out fluctuating vocal and instrument levels. Or use the 160A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios to ensure unparalleled protection against overload distortion in digital recording, PA systems and broadcast signals.
The dbx 160A's unique Infinity+ inverse-compression mode decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, suitable for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway house mix levels. A detector input can be used with an equaliser for de-essing sibilant vocals and selectively smoothing out boomy notes on both acoustic guitars and bass guitars. Additionally, two 160As can be stereo-coupled together to process an entire mix or instruments mic'd in a stereo configuration, without shifting the left/right image.
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx's® ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
- Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or output and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
- Over 60dB of gain reduction available
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression
- Independent balanced and unbalanced outputs can drive 600 loads to +24dBm simultaneously
- New floating balanced output stage drives any load
- Optional output transformer capable
- Compatible with another 160A for true RMS stereo summing operation
- Input Connectors: 1/4'' TRS and XLR; Floating Balanced
- Input Impedance: 40kΩ
- Maximum Input: +24dBu, Balanced or Unbalanced (Absolute)
- CMRR: >45dB (Any Frequency)
- Detector Input: 1/4'' TRS Connector; Floating Balanced
- Detector Input Impedance: >200kΩ
- Detector Input Maximum Level: +28dBu, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Output Connectors:
- 1/4'' TRS, Unbalanced
- XLR, Floating Balanced
- Output Impedance:
- Balanced: 200Ω
- Unbalanced: 100Ω
- Maximum Output:
- Balanced: +24dBm,
- Unbalanced: +20dBm,
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+0, -0.5dB; +0, -3dB 5kHz and 90kHz)
- Compressor Threshold Characteristic: OverEasy® or Hard Knee
- Compressor Ratio: Variable 1:1 to :1 Thru to -1:1; >60dB Maximum Compression
- Compressor Attack Time: Program Dependent; Typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 20dB
- Compressor Release Time: Program Dependent; Typically 8ms for 1dB, 80ms for 10dB, 400ms for 50dB; 125dB/Sec Rate
- Dynamic Range: >113dB
- Gain Adjustment Range: Variable from -20dB to +20dB
- Stereo Coupling: True RMS Power Summing
- Summing: 1/4'' TRS Phone Jack
- Operating voltage: DO: 90-130VAC, 50Hz/60Hz; EU: 200-250VAC, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power Connector: IEC Receptacle
- Dimensions: 1.75'' x 19'' x 6.5'' / 4.45cm x 48.2cm x 16.51cm
- Weight: 4.452lbs / 1.99kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.