SubZero 15" Active DSP Speaker and 18" DSP Subwoofer
SubZero 15" Active DSP Speaker and 18" DSP SubwooferDetails
The SubZero 15" Active Speaker and 18" Active Subwoofer are a powerful and advanced combination of active speakers that both utilize DSP technology for versatile EQ optimisation. Designed for the rigours of live performance and easy manoeuvring, this active sub and speaker PA system is simple to set up and includes a threaded pole for mounting the active satellite speaker. With the featured DSP profiles you are able to select EQ modes on both the sub and active speaker, as well as optimise the sound of the speaker for pole mounting. Offering 900W of power RMS, this PA system package achieves a professional and powerful sound ideal for medium to large venues.
Product Ref: 96086View Full Description
Buy on finance from £19.11 per month Finance from £19.11 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Powerful and Lightweight Speaker with Full-Range Subwoofer
This subwoofer and speaker combination is built to endure the rigours of live performances, including a heavy duty steel grille to protect them from unwanted knocks. The 15" active speaker includes a dual angled mounting pole, meaning that you can sit the speaker straight, or have it angled downwards at a 7.5 degree angle. This is ideal for when using the system in smaller locations or for seated presentations, giving you more control of the sound dispersion from the speaker.
SZS-P15DSP EQ Modes
The inclusion of DSP technology makes these speakers very versatile. A simple one knob design allows you to change through profiles simply with a single control and all functions are displayed clearly on an LCD screen. The functions allow you to adjust the output sound of the speaker based on the below modes.
These SubZero speakers allow you to set up for the scenario you require, whether it be for a music venue or for live speech. The following modes are available for selection using the LCD display and dial.
- Normal Mode leaves the EQ flat, you hear the sound of the speaker without any tweaks to the settings. Ideal if you have an outboard EQ already.
- Live Mode reduces the lowest frequencies, provides a slight mid boost and a slight treble boost which reduces harshness, whilst bringing out the detail of the higher frequencies.
- Club Mode is ideal for DJ's or Parties, greatly emphasising the low frequencies, perfect for dance music or audio with really heavy bass.
- Speech Mode reduces the low end greatly, whilst emphasising the upper mid range, which is where the human voice sits on the EQ spectrum. This makes the speakers reproduce speech very clearly.
The use of smart curve technology allows you to quickly adjust the treble and bass on each EQ pre-set, giving you the ideal sound for any scenario.
DSP Location Modes
The sound of a speaker can vary significantly depending on its location, and the SubZero DSP speaker can cater for this. The following three modes can be selected to give the perfect sound to your performance.
- Pole: The most common use for the speaker is on a speaker pole so that it is positioned at ear height. The speaker can be optimised for this by giving a full response, including increased bass frequencies.
- Monitor: This feature is helpful when the speaker is on the floor and is angled up to the performer. The bass frequencies are cut slightly and the treble frequencies boosted so the performer can hear the sound being articulated through a variety of other sounds.
- Bracket: This setting is suitable for scenarios where the speaker is hung on fly points or placed on wall speaker bracket. Good for use with a subwoofer, the speaker cuts the bass frequencies to give a clear and crisp sound.
The inclusion of DSP technology makes these subwoofers very versatile. A simple one knob design allows you to change through profiles simply with a single control and all functions are displayed clearly on an LCD screen. The functions allow you to adjust the output sound of the speaker based on the below modes.
- Normal Mode leaves the eq flat, you hear the sound of the speaker without any tweaks to the settings. Ideal if you have an outboard EQ already.
- Enforce Mode emphasises the lowest frequencies,accentuating the bass and making the sub sound boomier, ideal for parties and DJ sets.
- Delay Mode allows you to adjust the amount of delay from the signal received to the signal outputted from the speaker. Available in feet or meters, this function is great if you are placing the subwoofer away from other speakers, so you get the perfect sound response.
- Polarity Mode prevents any unwanted phase cancellation between two speakers. If you encounter phase issues, simply select 'reverse' to get the full sound back in your performance.
- The Crossover function allows you to choose which frequency you would like the subwoofer to transfer audio between the speaker the XLR output. Available at 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz and 150Hz.
DSP Location Modes
The sound of a speaker can vary significantly depending on its location, and this SubZero DSP Subwoofers can account for this. The following three modes can be selected to give the perfect sound to your performance.
- Normal: The most common configuration of a subwoofer is simply on the floor, often by itself. For situations such as this, this leaves the subwoofer acting as normal without any changes to the settings
- Cardioid: This feature is helpful when using a pair of subwoofers either side of the stage, when using two subwoofers together, a problem can occure where the sound is cancelled out by the other speaker. This setting produces a very minor delay on the sub, removing this problem and ensuring a thick and powerful low end when using a pair.
- Endfire: This setting is suitable for scenarios where the a pair of subwoofers are stacked on top of each other, this adjusts the throw of the speaker to stop any phase issues with the subwoofers.
SZS-P15DSP Features and Specifications
- Mic Input: 1 x XLR/Jack
- Line Input: Stereo RCA / 3.5mm Minijack
- Line Output: XLR
- Tone Control: Bass / Treble +/- 10db
- Speaker Dimension: 15 Inch
- Tweeter: 1.35 Inch Compression Driver
- Power: 350W (LF) + 50W (HF) RMS / 700W Peak
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Max SPL: 124dB
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20KHz
- Cabinet Material: H-PP Hard Plastic
- Fly Points: 3x M10
- Weight: 17kg
- Dimensions: 50 x 47 x 78.5cm
SZSW-P18DSP Features and Specifications
- Line Input: 2x Jack / XLR Inputs
- Line Output: 2x XLR
- Crossover: 60hz, 80hz, 100hz, 120hz or 150hz
- Speaker Dimension: 18 Inch
- Voice Coil: 3 Inch Compression Driver
- Power: 500W RMS / 800W Peak
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Max SPL: 127dB
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 150Hz
- Cabinet Material: Wood
- Weight: 38kg
- Dimensions: 75 x 59 x 76cm
The Latest in Audio Technology and Sound
SubZero's wide range of instruments represents the latest in innovation and versatility, offering high grade components and quality craftsmanship at an affordable price. Drawing inspiration from boutique designs, SubZero has created a series of affordable, reliable and modern instruments, offering high quality gear for the modern musician.
With a full range of audio equipment including Amplifiers, Speakers, Mixers, PA, Microphones and Electric Guitars; SubZero products feature the same attention-to-detail that one would expect from any high quality audio manufacturer. SubZero is proud to deliver the ultimate in value, looks and cutting edge sound.
SubZero is an exclusive premium brand of Gear4music
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.