Rode VideoMic SoundField
Rode VideoMic SoundFieldDetails
Product Ref: 85791View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Four Capsule Array
The incredibly intuitive SoundField four capsule setup features four ultra-low noise Rode cardioid capsules. The signal from each capsule is converted to the B format within the VMS's electronics to give users the ability to create multiple pickup patterns at the simple touch of a button.
Complete Performance Control
To the rear of the Videomic SoundField sits the audio control user interface. With separate controls for output levels and frequencies, users are given ultimate control over their recordings. Output levels range from -10dB, suitable for recordings within close proximity, and +20dB. The two stage high pass filter provides the option of operating within 75Hz to 150Hz as the high frequency shelf gives users maximum control over signal capture at the source. This reduces editing times and improves the performance of any audio circuit it is connected to.
Intertwining Polar Patterns
The biggest selling point of the VideoMic ambisonic microphone is the ability to combine three on-camera microphones into one. Three separate polar patterns are available via the on-board multi-pattern switching option. The first polar pattern is a mono signal which is designed to cut out unwanted sounds on set and focuses on picking up sources directly in front of the microphone. The second pattern is a narrow stereo array that provides great stereo ambiance whilst maintaining separation from remaining background noise. The final polar pattern is a wide stereo array for capturing ambiance such as music or nature sounds. The combination of all three polar patterns make this Rode's most flexible and technological advanced microphone.
SoundField have been billed as the future of audio entertainment thanks to their technological performances with the 3D audio capture market. The inclusion of SoundField technology has allowed Rode to present this 3D audio technology to consumers for the first time, rather than solely for broadcasting purposes. The four capsule design by SoundField includes 'A Format' and 'B Format' to create mono, stereo and 5.1 surround sound. The recordings can be edited during live performance or even in post production after the recording has been made with the multi-pin format. The main application of this technology is to capture live sports in 5.1 surround sound but with advancements in augmented reality, virtual reality and 360 video, the public is open to its use and the Rode and SoundField partnership is ready to lead the way.
Outstanding Wind Protection
The VMS features the same flocked windshield design of the VideoMic Pro+. With microfiber adding an extra layer of protection to the capsules, it also greatly reduces the effects of wind interference from any direction. Fitted with a Rycote shock-mount, all capsules are protected from mechanical handling noise using nothing but an industry leading microphone suspension system.
- First microphone designed for home & professional 360° video producers in mind
- On board multi-pattern switching for three separate polar patterns
- Integrated A format to B format for immediate output signal control
- Balanced 4 channel ambisonic signal accessible through multi-pin output
- Microfiber windscreen practically eliminates wind noise & interference from any direction
- Tetrahedral, 4 capsule array with cardioid pick-up pattern for feedback resistance
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.