Rode PinMic Lavalier/Lapel Microphone
Rode PinMic Lavalier/Lapel MicrophoneDetails
The Rode PinMic is a discreet lavalier/lapel mic with an innovative pin through design that makes it easy to conceal and provides versatility of use. Ideal for presentations, film, TV, video or theatre.
Product Ref: 36697View Full Description
Spend another £75.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The PinMic is comprised of a cabled backplate and removable omni-directional capsule head and is easily attached to clothing or fabric by pushing the backplate pins through the fabric and sliding the capsule into place on the front. This design means the backplate and cable are cleverly hidden behind the fabric and the capsule head can be easily disguised, covered or decorated to further conceal the mic.
The PinMic capsule is only 9mm deep and 11mm in diameter and comes supplied with both a black and silver mesh head which you can paint for further camouflage if you wish. It will easily mount through any fabric up to 1.5mm (0.006") thick without any damage to clothing. Alternatively, the PinMic Long is also available for mounting on thicker fabrics.
The mic cable is connected via a 1.2m (4') shielded and detachable Kevlar® reinforced cable that Rode have tested to ensure reliable performance. The Rode PinMic comes with a host of accessories including a mini furry for protection in windy conditions, an anti trauma water resistant case, a spare capsule head and cable.
Rode has also developed the MiCon™ connector system (sold separately) which provides seamless integration between the PinMic and a wide range of wireless systems as well as consoles, cameras and portable recorders.
"So basically, the PinMic is a detachable capsule head (which come as standard in black and silver) with three 'pin-size' holes drilled into the back - a reinforcement plate (with the Kevlar cable connected to it) holds three pins, which in-turn fit into the holes in the rear of the capsule. This enables the microphone to be positioned in the optimum location - regardless of aesthetics and clothing issues - not only that, it also allows the cable to run down the inside of the clothing and removes the need for a crocodile clip to hold the mic in place. On the face of it - the idea looks promising - but is Rode's first lavalier/headworn/pinable capsule up to scratch?
Well, yes - unsurprisingly. I tested it in a few locations, the first being an acoustically treated studio - without the ambient distractions there I could really explore the mic - it's got a nice full frequency response, with good bass coverage and a smooth high-end - unlike many traditional lavaliers. Next up was a cathedral - with a reverb time of 3 seconds, it did indeed pick up quite a bit of the 'room', but then it is an omni - what can we really expect? Lastly, we had a sports stadium - when using the included 'mini-dead cat' it picked up no wind noise whatsoever, and was as clear as possible." Behind the Mixer
- Ultra discreet appearance
- Lightweight and easy to position
- Pins through clothing up to approximately 1.5mm (0.006?) thick (standard model) or approximately 1.5 ~ 3.5mm (0.006 ~ 0.14?) thick (heavy duty model)
- Removable mesh head
- High quality performance
- Low noise miniature microphone capsule
- Low handling noise
- Universal compatibility
- Seamless integration with a wide range of wireless systems while maintaining discreet and unobtrusive appearance
- Rode MiCon™ interconnectivity system provides interface with a wide range of wireless systems while maintaining discreet and unobtrusive appearance
- Gold plated connections
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.10?
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional - picks up all sides equally
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 60Hz - 18kHz
- Output Impedance: 3000Ω
- Maximum SPL: 110dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Maximum Output Level: 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity: -33.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 25db-A
- Power Options: P48 (P48 through MiCon-5 adaptor, 2V~5V through all other MiCon adaptors)
- Dimensions: 16.00mmH x 22.00mmW x 33.00mmD
- Output: MiCon™ Output - requires MiCon™ adapter (sold separately)
- Supplementary mesh head (silver) suitable for spray paint customisation to fully match clothing
- Anti-trauma water resistant storage case
- Mini-furry for high wind protection
- Shielded Kevlar® reinforced cable with moulded backplate
- Lapel-style cable management clip
- Adjustment tools
- Sanitary cleansing wipes
- Compact, interchangeable MiCon™ adaptors available separately to suit industry standard wireless systems (see rodemic.com/lavalier for a full list of compatibility)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.