Neumann U87 AI Studio Set Microphone, Black + FREE Monster XLR Cable
Neumann U87 AI Studio Set Microphone, Black + FREE Monster XLR CableDetails
The Neumann U87 presents a wide range of features and switchable versatility that make it one of the most desirable studio condenser mics available, recognisable by its distinctive design, setting the mark in the microphone industry by which all other mics are measured.
Product Ref: 51195View Full Description
Buy on finance from £56.39 per month Finance from £56.39 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
This studio set includes the EA 87 microphone shock mount and wooden protective case.
Well known for its warm and well-balanced characteristics, the U87 is the perfect choice of vocal mic for all types of music and speech. Its also a great general-purpose microphone for orchestra recordings or as a spot mic for single instruments, in studios, for broadcasting, in film and television. The U 87 Ai condenser microphone is a large diaphragm mic with three polar patterns and a unique frequency and transient response characteristic.
The U 87 Ai is addressed from the front and marked with the Neumann logo, the frequency response of the cardioid and figure-8 directional characteristics are very flat for frontal sound incidence, even in the upper frequency range. The microphone can be used very close to a sound source without the sound becoming unnaturally harsh. By means of a high-pass filter interferences through subsonic and low frequencies are reduced remarkebly.
The dual-diaphragm capsule is elastically mounted and protected by a large headgrille. A switch below the headgrille selects the three directional patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8. A window above this switch shows the symbol of the selected characteristic.
The circuitry increases the operational headroom of the U 87 Ai by supplying the bias voltages for the capsule through a reduced resistance. The result is a higher sensitivity of 10 dB for identical sound pressure levels, and an improved S/N ratio of 3 dB.
Filter and attenuation
A switch located at the rear attenuates the sensitivity by 10 dB. When this switch is activated, the microphone accepts sound pressure levels up to 127 dB without distortion. An additional switch at the rear allows to change the microphone's cutoff frequency. This reduces low frequency interference directly at the input of the microphone amplifier. This setting also compensates for the unavoidable bass boost that occurs with all pressure gradient transducers when they are used at close distance. The cardioid characteristic maintains a smooth frequency response at a distance of 30 to 40 cm, the figure-8 characteristic even at a distance of 15 to 20 cm.
The U87 Ai can be used universally with great effects. Try it in applications ranging from overhead situations, broadcasting, dubbing and voiceovers, a classical studio mic for both soloists and backing vocalists, as well as a spot mic for wind and string instruments.
"[The U87] will reliably give you very good recordings every time." - Sound on Sound, Voted Best Microphone 2012
"Giving you an exceptional level of clarity, the U87 has its own distinct sonic signature, providing a deep, rich, pleasant tone to anything you record." - Voice Council
- Variable large diaphragm microphone
- Pressure- gradient transducer with double membrane capsule
- The studio microphone classic
- Three directional characteristics: omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Switchable low frequency roll-off
- Switchable 10 dB pre- attenuation
- Ideal as main and as support microphone in the most differing recording situations
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8 plus
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 20/28/22 mV/ Pa
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 26/23/25 dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 15/12/ 14 dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 68/71/ 69 dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 79/82/80 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 : 117 dB (cardioid)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 with preattenuation: 127 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 390 mV
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier cardioid DIN/IEC 651: 105 dB
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 0.8 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR3F
- Weight: 500g
- Diameter: 56mm
- Length: 200mm
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.