View Full Description
Premium-Grade Live Mixer
The Soundcraft GB8-48 48-Channel Mixer is designed for a range of live applications and installations, making it perfect for everything from houses or worship to live music venues and more. The highly rugged and durable steel chassis is perfect for live installations, easily withstanding the rigors of extensive live use. Its dual-mode topology is based on the success of the Soundcraft MH3 and MH4 desks, allowing you to use the GB8 for FOH or monitor duties with fader control of group or AUX outputs. The four full-function stereo channels also included four stereo returns for added convenience, perfect for small touring sound systems and more. Also included is a 4-band GB30 EQ for precision control over your frequency bands, allowing you to easily create professional mixes for live performances.
GB30 Microphone Preamps
The Soundcraft GB4 series features custom GB30 microphone preamps and EQ, delivering exceptional audio quality throughout. The GB30 microphone preamps are specially designed by Graham Blyth, delivering a warm yet articulate tone that captures every nuance of the original source material. Reminiscent of vintage microphone preamps, the GB30 preamplifier circuit is airy yet deep within its sound palette, creating exceptional harmonics and overtones. The ultra low-noise floor and high output gain ensures optimal clarity and punch, cutting through even the busiest of mixes.
Intuitive Layout & Design
The Souncraft GB8-48 features a wide range of design aspects implemented to improve the workflow and performance of the mixer. The dual purpose console features individually switched 48V phantom power on every mono input module, allowing you to utilise studio-grade equipment such as condenser microphones and more. The integrated Meter Bridge features accurate VU meters for left, right and centre outputs, giving you highly accurate visual feedback with the classic vintage style found in older mixers. The all metal TRS jacks and Neutrik XLRs are designed for optimal performance and signal transference, ensuring the best possible audio quality at all times. A limiter on the Record Output and Alternative Stereo Output is designed to reign in the dynamics of your mix after.
- Dual purpose console
- Individually switched 48V phantom power on every mono input module
- 4 STE channels per frame size
- 8 AUX send (all switchable between pre/post fader operation)
- 8 Group sends (paired)
- 4 Stereo returns
- 4 mute groups
- 11x4 Output Matrix
- Limiter on Record Output and Alternative Stereo Output
- GB30 Mic Pre-Amp
- 4-band GB30 EQ
- Meter Bridge with accurate VU meters for Left, Right and Centre outputs
- Integral power supply, with an external power supply link option
- All metal TRS jacks and Neutrik XLRs
- Direct outputs on all mono input channels
Noise: Measured RMS, 22Hz to 22kHz Bandwidth
Crosstalk (@1kHZ, typical)
- Mic E.I.N. @ unity gain,150W source impedance: -128dBu
- Mix Output, 40 inputs routed to mix: <-82dBu
- Group Outputs: <-83dBu
- Aux Outputs: <-80dBu
- Matrix Outputs: <-89dBu
- Input Channel Mute: <-97dB
- Input Fader cut-off: <-95dB
- Pan Isolation: <-77dB
- Mix Route Isolation: <-97dB
- Group Route Isolation: <-97dB
- Adjacent channel crosstalk: <-99dB
- Group to Mix: <-89dB
- AUX Send pots offness (typical): <-84dB
- Matrix send pots offness (typical): <-84dB
- Mic/Line input to any output, 20Hz – 20kHz <-1 dB
Input & Output Max Levels
- Mic sens. -30dBu, +20dBu at all outputs @1kHz: <0.006%
Input & Output Impedances
- Mono & Stereo Mic Inputs: +15dBu
- Mono & Stereo Line Inputs: +30dBu
- Stereo Returns & Insert Returns: +20dBu
- Any Output: +20dBu
- Nominal Operating Level: 0dBu
- Headphone Power: 2x250mW into 200 ohms
- Mic Inputs: 2K Ohms
- Line Inputs and Stereo Returns: 10K ohms
- Mix, Group, Aux, Matrix & Direct Outputs: 150 ohms
- Insert Sends: 75 Ohms
- Insert Returns: 5K Ohms
- Recommended Headphone Impedance: 200 – 600 Ohms
Images are for reference only, the images show a smaller version of the GB8 but the configuration of the GB8-48 will remain the same.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.