DISC Behringer Eurolive B312D Active PA Speaker
Product Ref: 17360
DISC Behringer Eurolive B312D Active PA SpeakerDetails
Finally, setting up for the gig just got a whole lot easier!
Active 550-Watt 2-Way PA Speaker System with 12" Woofer and 1.75" Titanium Compression Driver. By utilizing switch-mode power supplies and Class-D amplifier topology, the new EUROLIVE B312D loudspeakers provide 28% more output power (550-Watts) and still weigh 10% less than Behringer's best-selling B312A/B315A systems.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Sound quality is also improved, thanks to an integrated sound processor, which provides total system control, dependable protection of the transducers (woofer and tweeter) and virtually eliminates distortion - even at extreme operating levels. In addition, both models feature an Ultra-Low Noise (ULN) Mic/Line input with Level control and a dedicated 2-band EQ (High/Low) for simple, yet effective tonal control.
What is Class-D Technology?
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off , which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means our amps don't need massive heat sinks, and that means we can make them lighter. Behringer's no-compromise design means your EUROLIVE D Series loudspeakers will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don't require huge and heavy transformers, our Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
Dynamic processing is one of the best ways to maximize output without sacrificing sound quality. The D Series' built-in circuitry automatically adjusts program content, allowing the loudspeaker to operate at extreme levels. It accomplishes this by reducing bass output slightly as you approach the limit of the transducers. This frees up LF (Low Frequency) amp and transducer resources, so that higher overall volume can be realized. It's like having a tiny soundman inside each cabinet constantly monitoring and tweaking output parameters.
Instant PA System
With just a single D Series loudspeaker and a microphone, you can set up an instant PA system - and you don't need an external mixer to do so! Thanks to the built-in mic preamp, you can connect any dynamic mic directly to the input and raise and lower the volume with the Level control. Just plug in the mic, place the speaker on a tabletop or standard speaker stand, and power up. It's that easy. And if you need more coverage, you can use the convenient Link Output XLR connector to add more active loudspeakers.
Stereo Music System
You can even use a pair of D Series enclosures for stereo playback of your MP3, CD or old-skool cassette deck without any additional hardware. Just plug the appropriate stereo 'breakout' adapter into your deck's output jack and run the cables to the ¼" inputs on each loudspeaker. Set the Level and EQ controls the same on both enclosures. Voila, instant party!
Thanks to their trapezoidal design, D Series loudspeakers can be laid on their side to provide the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications. Their extraordinary fidelity and frequency response make them a favorite of vocalists and instrumentalists alike. Hookup is simple, requiring only a single XLR or ¼" cable from the monitor send on your mixing console and, of course, power. Additional monitors can be chained together via the XLR Link Output jack on the rear panel.
Behringer custom-designed and built their Eurolive B312D PA Speaker from scratch. Not only do they wind their own voice coils, they process the paper pulp into cones and machine every component that goes into them. This enables them to control the quality and make better components, like the long-excursion LF transducers and state-of-the-art 1.75" titanium drivers deployed in each and every B315D and B312D enclosure.
Low Frequency Response
The EUROLIVE D Series was built with extended low frequency handling in mind. With a tuned port, internally braced, injection-molded enclosure, each model's custom-designed LF transducer really cranks out tight low end. Keep in mind that bass response varies according to LF transducer size, so the larger the speaker, the more bass you will be able to generate.
PA Loudspeakers or Studio Monitors?
You'll love the sheer accuracy of these loudspeakers. More than a year went into the creation of the exponential horn/titanium-dome compression driver combination that not only does justice to loud rock and dance music, but also satisfies audiophiles with its musical timbre and attention to detail. And for spoken word, singing or acoustic instruments, Eurolive D Series loudspeakers are unrivaled for their articulate and complex harmonic detail. In fact, many customers think it's the most natural-sounding speaker they've ever heard at anywhere near the price.
- High-Power: High-power 550-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Light Weight: Ultra-compact light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Class D Technology: Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal Switch Mode: Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Sound Processor: Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Excursion Driver: Extremely powerful 12'' long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- Compression Driver: State-of-the-art 1.75'' titanium-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Dispersion: Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential horn
- Input: Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- EQ: Dedicated 2-band EQ for perfect sound adjustment
- Output: Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Design: Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning:
- Mounting: Stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket
- Maneouvreable: Tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor
- Ergonomic: Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- Build: High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.