Built In Wi-Fi
The X18 comes with integrated WiFi for increased mobility. The X18 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist's perspective - or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.
The incredibly fast and comprehensive 18 x 18 channel, bi-directional USB interface makes the X18 an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution for recording directly to your iPad or PC. Dial in the perfect monitoring mix with effects and zero-latency, while sending up to 16 microphone signals - and the keyboard player's MIDI notes to your DAW for recording.
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator. X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with up to 16 live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the X18's gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.
This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each other. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
4 Effects Engines
Equipped with the very same FX engines as the X32, the onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors including delay, chorus, dynamics - plus the X18 can run production-quality, true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware.
You can select any combination of high-end simulations of legendary studio effects, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, as well as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Onboard processing means your computer doesn't have to do the heavy lifting during a mixing session with DAW plugins as the X18 has a whole studio of FX under it's hood. All effects run inside the low-latency environment of the X18 mix engine, ensuring flawless performance, flexible routing and the end of cable faults forever.
Uncompromised Channel Processing
The X18 allows you to achieve the same incredible level of EQ finesse as the award-winning X32 thanks to its 100-band Real Time Analyzer, which is built into every input channel and bus EQ. Visual feedback built into the control app allows you to see and make fast, surgical adjustments to frequencies in need of a boost or a cut.
Every input channel also features Low-Cut, 4-band fully parametric EQ and the same Gate and Compressor dynamics suite found in the X32 - with one very special addition; you can choose either Expert or Simple functionality. In Expert mode, you can drill down and get your hands on every nuance of your dynamics. Or, if you're more of the 'plug and play' type, Simple mode lets you either select from one of our 4 carefully-optimised presets - or load your own channel templates. Add to this 5-Bit, floating-point DSP and you'll experience virtually "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency.
In addition to the Main L/R bus for Front of House, 6 Aux buses are provided for dialing in the perfect monitor mixes, or creating a dedicated mix for your USB stereo recording - complete with inserts, dynamics, and either a 6-band parametric EQ or 31-band graphic EQ. 100-band RTAs are available for these too.
MIDI I/O for Live Performance Controllers
The physical MIDI I/O port on the X18 mixer can also be used for connecting external MIDI controllers, such as our X-TOUCH or B-CONTROL products, for dynamically controlling channel level, muting and panorama adjustments during your performance. And since the full-featured X18 also supports the Mackie Control protocol, you easily apply comprehensive remote editing and parameter adjustments via any compatible MIDI devices.
Dedicated Apps and Software
Behringer has provided apps for all the most popular devices and operating systems. They engaged dedicated development teams for iOS*, Android*, PC/Mac* and Linux* based applications for the X18 mixer. When you download an X18 app for your OS, you can rest assured that you will get the fully optimised experience Behringer intended.
- iPad*/tablet controlled 18-input, 12-bus digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Integrated Wifi module for direct control--no need for external routers or any specialized connectors
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording on iPad etc.
- Virtual FX rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ's
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System*
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 6 TRS aux sends and 2 XLR main outputs plus stereo RCA and phones connectors
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS and PC apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or Wifi
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX Plug Ins, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- Power Consumption: 30W
- Dimensions: 409mm x 357mm x 110mm
- Weight: 4kg / 8.8lbs
- Channels: 18 Input Channels, 4 FX Return Channels, 6 Aux Buses, Main LR
- Internal Effects Engines: 4 True Stereo
- Signal Processing: 40-Bit Floating Point
- A/D-D/A Conversion: 24-Bit @ 44.1kHz/48kHz, 114dB Dynamic Range (Cirrus Logic A/D CS5368, D/A CS4385
- Analog I/O Latency: 0.8ms
- Mic Preamps by MIDAS: 16 XLR/TRS Combo Jacks, Balanced
- Line/Aux Stereo Inputs: 2 RCA, Unbalanced
- Main Outputs: 2 XLR, Unbalanced
- Aux Outputs: 6 TRS, Balanced
- Monitoring Outputs: 2 RCA, Unbalanced
- Phone Outputs: 1 TRS
- ULTRANET: 1 RJ45
- MIDI Inputs/Outputs: 1/1 DIN
- Ethernet: 1 RJ45
USB Audio/MIDI Interface
- Type: USB 2.0
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 or Higher
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or Higher
- iOS 7 or Higher (iPad)
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz/48kHz
- I/O Audio Channels: 18 x 18
- I/O MIDI Channels: 16 x 16 (1 Port)