Small Yet Powerful
The XR18 has been designed to be compact yet powerful, delivering a powerhouse of a digital mixing unit. The stage box design is exceptionally durable, making it ideal for use on the road and live applications. The integrated WiFi module gives you added versatility when it comes to controlling your mixer, allowing you to control it via the iPad and Android app. Another powerful component of the XR18 is the MIDAS-designed microphone preamps. These preamps ensure the highest quality audio reproduction when it comes to inputs and recording.
MIDAS Microphone Preamps
MIDAS has a prolonged history of innovation in the professional audio world, delivering premium quality mixing consoles and audio products that soon became the industry standard. MIDAS has earned this stellar reputation due to their renowned audio products. With this in mind, Behringer have incorporated the award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps into the XR18. The MIDAS microphone preamps provide the highest quality audio reproduction in either live or studio environments. This gives you the best possible quality when it comes to recording and routing inputs.
Built-In WiFi Router
One of the most unique features of the XR18 is the built-in Tri-Mode WiFi Router. This gives you direct control over your mixer functions without having to set up an external router. This convenient router gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, enabling you to manipulate and edit parameters wherever you are in the venue. This is great for fine-tuning and editing your mixes to suit what the audience will hear. This gives you a myriad of possibilities when it comes to using the mixer, such as adjusting live monitor wedges from the artist's perspective, or letting them edit their own IEM's via their own tablets.
Simple, Straight-Forward Recording
The comprehensive 18 x 18 channel and bi-directional USB interface delivers a powerful digital mixing solution, letting you record directly to your iPad or PC. The zero-latency performance enhances this, allowing you to send up to 16 microphone signals directly to your DAW for recording. This versatile recording process lets you switch and swap between the XR18's parameters, giving you endless possibilities when it comes to inputs and monitoring your mix.
Innovative Auto-Mixing Function
A pioneering first for compact audio mixers, is the XR18's revolutionary X Air Gain Sharing technology. This allows you to mange fully automated mixes with up to to 16 live microphones. The auto-mixing function is based on the now legendary Dan Duga automix system. This function helps to noticeably minimise any feedback or background noise. Providing a consistent system gain structure, the auto-mixing function delivers automatic control over the levels of all selected microphone - in real time.
MIDI In/Out For Live Controllers
The XR18 has a phsyical MIDI I/O port which can be used to connect external MIDI controllers adding a new level of versatility. This compatibility is useful for other Behringer products such as the X-Touch or B-Control units. MIDI Controllers routed through the MIDI I/O port can be used for controlling channel level, muting and other modulation parameters. The XR18 also features support for the Mackie Control protocol, allowing you to apply remote editing and parameter adjustments via most compatible MIDI devices.
*iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Their use neither constitutes a claim of the trademark nor affiliation of the trademark owners with MUSIC Group. Product names are mentioned solely as a reference for compatibility, effects and/or components. iPad and P-16 Monitoring System are not included
For more information on the XR18 please refer to the PDFs above.
- iPad*/Android* tablet controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation—no need for external routers
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording on iPad etc.
- Revolutionary Dugan*-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing (future firmware)
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ’s
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System*
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 6 XLR aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac*/ Linux* apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control* protocol) or for use as a USB MIDI interface
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption