Allen and Heath ZED R16 16 Channel Firewire Recording Mixer
Allen and Heath ZED R16 16 Channel Firewire Recording MixerDetails
Product Ref: 17617View Full Description
Buy on finance from £54.59 per month Finance from £54.59 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Allen & Heath Zed-R16 is equipped with an internal soundcard that features 18 Firewire inputs and 18 outputs plus 16 ADAT I/O. Each channel on the mixer has its own independent soundcard channel allowing instruments to be recorded simultaneously and into the sequencer separately. A JetPLL digital audio chipset is is also included which minimises clock jitter and provides synchronicity between the Zed-R16 and other devices.
In addition to multi-track recording the Zed-R16 allows for mixing in analog then recording back to a computer in digital. The console can also be used as a versatile live FOH mixer. In this mode, the 4 aux buses become foldback feeds and FX sends, and the main XLR outputs feed the PA system. The record feed signal can be easily assigned using the four buttons next to the faders, allowing for easy recording
The Zed-R16 features a specially designed pre-amp with a symmetrical ultra linear circuit. The best epitaxial low noise transistors are used in the front end, and active feedback is employed in both phases before the differential amplifier, resulting in super-low distortion, while maintaining low noise, high CMRR and a transparent, great sounding pre-amp.
Two swept, fully parametric mids, high and low shelving EQ are featured on the Zed-R16; a sophisticated equalization section that out-performs other mixers in this price range. Two pre and two post aux buses can be use as feeds for headphone amplifiers in the studio, FX sends anywhere or wedge foldback live. The talkback function is either routed to the aux or studio outputs, so is ideal for any environment.
The rear of the Zed-R16 features two Firewire connectors allowing the console to be connected to a personal computer whilst the second socket daisy chains devices. Two switches change the sample rate and routing selection, while 4 connectors allow input and output to ADAT equipment. The I/O routing on the Zed-R16 is identical for the Firewire channels and the ADAT optical connection. With a combination of panel switches, the mixer is capable of an incredible 26 simultaneous inputs and outputs. Feed the ZED-R16 from ADAT lightpipe equipment, or record directly out from 16 channels to 2 ADAT machines, or to another soundcard.
The MIDI section on the Zed-R16 has been designed to control software transport, with extra mappable controllers ready to be user assigned. In addition to the dedicated MIDI controls, all the channel faders can be switched to become MIDI controllers. Two signal paths are also included for monitoring; an output for main control room monitors and outputs for an alternative set of monitors for checking mixes. The control room mix can follow either of the two main analogue outputs or the digital main mix, allowing access to all main audio outputs.
Sonar LE Software
The Zed-R16 also includes a free copy of Cakewalk Sonar LE Software, allowing you to start recording your own music out of the box. Based on Cakewalk's award-winning Sonar X3 digital audio workstation, Sonar LE has been enhanced with cutting-edge instruments, effects, and creative tools to make creating your own music as simple and intuitive as possible, no matter what your experience level.
- Two FireWire connectors, 18 FireWire inputs and 18 outputs plus 16 ADAT I/O
- Professional JetPLL digital audio chipset
- 4 ADAT optical sockets
- EQ: two swept, fully parametric mids, plus high and low shelving
- Two pre and two post aux buses
- Talkback function
- Professional 100mm faders
- MIDI section designed to control software transport, with extra user mappable controllers
- All of the channel faders can be switched to become MIDI controllers
- 16x mic/line inputs
- DuoPre preamps with 69dB gain range
- 4x aux sends
- HP filter
- Mute per channel
- Stereo return
- 2-track return
- 1/4'' and 3.5mm headphone outputs
- Master aux controls
- SONAR LE provided Free
- Dimensions: 704 x 470 x 102mm.
- Weight: 13kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.