Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM Synthesizer, 12bp Varistate Filter
Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM Synthesizer, 12bp Varistate FilterDetails
The Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM Synthesizer with 12bp Varistate Filter lets you add old-school synth tone to your high-tech keyboard or studio rig. Enjoy the sound of an iconic SEM-style multimode filter filter with the Boomstar SEM's two multimode oscillators, sweet modulation options and a killer amp/mixer section. Put your synthesizer to work in fun and creative ways with extensive MIDI and CV options plus an external audio input, leaving you with endless possibilities of fat bass, soaring leads and shimmering pads this amazing module lets you create.
Product Ref: 47324View Full Description
Buy on finance from £27.17 per month Finance from £27.17 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Old-School Analog Sound
The Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM Synthesizer features a sturdy steel chassis with a comprehensive collection of pots and rotary switches. The analog signal path is totally discrete, offering hand-matched transistors in the filter and amplifier sections, with a pair of multi-waveform oscillators as well as a warm forgiving VCA. As far as modulation and routing options go, you really can't knock the Boomstar SEM, which includes all of the standard LFO and envelope options you'd expect, plus cross modulation and ring modulation so you can really go nuts.
Oberheim SEM-Style Multimode Filter
Choose from highpass, lowpass, notch and bandpass filters with the Oberheim's SEM synthesizer. Boldly following in the footsteps of pioneers such as Moog and ARP, this multimode filter makes it easy to get a ride range of sound, producing wildly varying tonal characteristics. The Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM module gives you the same versatile filter to play with on top of an already sophisticated synth, allowing you to experience this amazing sound in a whole new way.
Advanced CV and MIDI Implementation
Non-keyboard players can get really creative with the Boomstar SEM Synthesizer thanks to the external audio input. The onboard MIDI circuitry provides you with a MIDI learn function that makes this synthesizer almost as easy to integrate into your rig as a modern virtual instrument. you can even set note priority and allow overflow notes to pass along to additional Boomstar modules. Whether you're a seasoned synth tweaker or new to the game, you're going to love the Studio Electronics Boomstar SEM Synthesizer.
- An old-school all-analog synthesizer module built for modern artists and composers
- All discrete circuity features hand-matched transistors in the filter and amp
- 32 pots, 2 rotary switches, and 19 toggle switches let you shape your tone dynamically
- Dual oscillators, multiple modulation sources, and powerful mixing capability provide enough hands-on controls to satisfy the most diehard synth nut
- Outfitted with a classic Oberheim SEM-style multimode filter
- All-metal chassis and top-quality components mounted in a through-hole circuit board provides a lifetime of quality performance
- Control voltage, gate, and external input connectivity provide compatibility with other analog synths
- MIDI I/O with learn mode makes connecting to the rest of your gear easy
- MIDI overflow function lets you daisy chain multiple Boomstar models together for a polyphonic arrangement
- Power: Mains Adapter
- Oscillators: Oscillator 1, Oscillator 2, LFO
- Filters: classic Oberheim® 12dB SEM
- Inputs: CV in, Gate in; Filter frequency modulation in; Amplifier modulation in; External signal in; Midi In
- Outputs: Midi Out, 1/4" Audio out
- Controls: Rotary knobs, switches
- Dimensions: 221 x 92 x 179
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.