Roland TR-08 Rhythm Composer
Roland TR-08 Rhythm ComposerDetails
Product Ref: 97270View Full Description
Buy on finance from £9.25 per month Finance from £9.25 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Rebirth Of A Legend
The TR-08 is based on the revered TR-808 drum machine, which was first released in 1980 and discontinued in 1983. Up until now, acquiring a true Roland TR-808 would have cost you rather a large sum of money, however the TR-08 changes everything. This incredibly powerful drum machine delivers an incredibly precise replica of the original instrument. Featuring all of the same astounding sonic characteristics and quirks of the original, the TR-08 packs an identical reproduction of the 808's interface with complete authenticity into a scaled-down format. Don't let the compact size deceive you though, the Roland TR-08 Rhythm Composer features everything the TR-808 could do, and more. Take control of the authentic knobs, buttons, and switches, and unleash the power one of the most distinctive and unique drum machines in the history of music.
Proprietary Analog Circuit Behavior
Roland's innovative ACB technology enables the TR-08 to perfectly recreate the sound of the original drum machine by being able to accurately model each analog circuit, right down to the component level. That means that not only does the TR-08 look authentic, but the sound and response of this intuitive, modern reproduction is identical to that of its bigger brother. ACB technology faithfully captures the sound and feel of Roland's classic instruments using the original design specifications. A detailed, part-by-part analysis of the original machines enables Roland to recreate the circuits perfectly to deliver the same incredible sonic characteristics that made the originals great, but in a modern and intelligent format.
Versatile Connection of External Gear
The Roland TR-08 Rhythm Composer is designed to provide simple yet powerful connectivity with its range of multi-purpose outputs. The outputs include a main stereo mini-jack output which can be configured to send the selected instrument to the right channel, while the other instrument's output can be sent to the left. The USB and MIDI ports allow for syncing and controlling other gear as well as connection with your DAW. Mix input and trigger output can also be reconfigured to route external audio and even drive vintage analog synths, enabling you to harness a broader scope of audio possibilities whilst working with your TR-08.
- Authentic recreation of the drum machine that shaped so many musical styles: The Roland TR-808
- Genuine sonic characteristics, response, and feel of the original
- Replicated user interface that is true to the TR-808's pioneering style
- Interface design ensures true hands-on control
- Added features for certain instruments, including a Compressor, Pan, Tune control, and Gain control
- 16-step sequencer provides astonishingly detailed pattern programming with 16 sub-steps to provide plenty of options for creative sequencing
- Classic Step and Tap write modes give you plenty of choice and control over your drum sequences
- Vibrant LED display ensures simplistic navigation and precise tempo/shuffle control
- High-quality, rugged construction with a durable and rigid front panel made from metal
- USB audio signals can be split into 10 separate outputs
- Beats can be played whilst switching between the different write modes
- Control external instruments using a versatile dedicated trigger output
- Pattern, Intro/Fill-In: 16 Bank (12 x 16 Pattern, 4 x 16 Intro/Fill-In)
- Steps: 16 Steps with 16 Sub-Steps
- BD: Bass Drum
- SD: Snare Drum
- LC: Low Conga
- MC: Mid Conga
- HC: Hi Conga
- LT: Low Tom
- MT: Mid Tom
- HT: Hi Tom
- CL: Claves
- RS: Rim Shot
- MA: Maracas
- CP: Hand Clap
- CB: Cow Bell
- CY: Cymbal
- OH: Open Hi-Hat
- CH: Closed Hi-Hat
- Volume Knob
- Start/Stop Button
- Tempo Knob
- Bank/Tempo/Shuffle Button
- Fine/Value Knob
- Mode Selection Knob
- Pattern Clear
- Pattern Write 1st Part/2nd Part
- Manual Play
- Rhythm Track Play
- Instrument/Track Selection Knob
- Clear Button
- Basic Variation Selector Switch & Indicator
- Auto Fill-In Selector Knob
- Trigger Out Track Select Button
- Accent Level Knob
- Instrument Level Knob (All Instruments)
- Tone Control Knob (BD, SD, CY)
- Decay Control Knob (BC, CY, OH)
- Snappy Control Knob (SD)
- Tuning Control Knob (LC/LT, MC/MT, HC/HT)
- Voice Selector Switch (LC/LT, MC/MT, HC/HT, CL/RS, MA/CP)
- Pre-Scale Selector Switch
- Step Button (1-16) & Indicator
- I/F Variation Switch
- Tap Button
- Menu/Sub-Step Button
- 1st Part/2nd Part Indicator
- Power Switch
- 7 Segments, 4 Characters (LED)
- Trigger Out: Mono Mini-Jack
- Headphones: Stereo Mini-Jack
- Output: Stereo Mini-Jack
- Mix In: Stereo Mini-Jack
- MINI: IN/OUT
- USB: Micro-B Type (Audio, MIDI)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6) x 4 (Approx. 6 hours life under continuous use, dependent on battery specifications, capacity, and conditions of use)
- Alkaline Batters (AA, LR6) x 4
- USB Bus Power (500mA Current Draw)
- Dimensions: 308mm (W) x 130mm (D) x 51mm (H) / 12.125'' (W) x 5.125'' (D) x 2.0625'' (H)
- Weight: 1.3kg / 2lbs 14oz. (Including batteries & Boutique Dock)
- Boutique Dock (DK-01, Black)
- Owner's Manual
- DK-01 Owner's Manual
- "Using The Unit Safely" Leaflet
- 4 x Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.