Roland SH-01 Gaia Synthesizer
Roland SH-01 Gaia SynthesizerDetails
With its massive sound, hands on ease-of-play, and affordable price, Roland's GAIA SH-01 is high-performance value with old-school charm. Borrowing the name from the goddess of earth in Greek mythology, GAIA goes back to the origins of synthesis by using today's most advanced technology.
Call our Roland Specialist for further information on: 0843 155 0500
Product Ref: 16812View Full Description
Buy on finance from £14.44 per month Finance from £14.44 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Click on the PDF link Above to view detailed Brochure on the Roland SH-01.
Triple-Stacked Virtual Analog Engine
The triple-stacked engine puts potent virtual analogue synthesis under your fingertips, comprising three complete synths for incredibly thick, powerful sound. Unleash the three oscillators that drive a trio of multimode, resonant filters, multi-shape LFOs, and amplifiers, plus nine envelope generators, and a complete multi-effects system. It's like having three synthesizers in one! With 64 polyphonic voices onboard, GAIA makes it possible to play massive sounds without experiencing note drop-out.
From the silkiest reverb to the grittiest growl, GAIA's instantly selectable multi-effects will catapult your sounds into another spatial dimension. You can layer up to five simultaneous effects for dozens of variations. The onboard effects include reverb, distortion, fuzz, bit crash, flanger, phaser, pitch shifter, low boost, and delay with panning and tempo sync. Dedicated control knobs are provided for tweaking the effects in real time.
The front panel puts every control directly under your fingertips. There are no hidden menus, no nonsense. Just play and move the knobs and sliders, or wave your hands over the invisible D Beam for dramatic effects. The logically designed front panel shows the signal path from left to right. It helps beginners understand synthesis, while experienced players will love the instant gratification of hands-on control during performance.
Create Musical Magic
Hold a note or chord and let the arpeggiator create musical magic automatically for you. The tempo can be set via cursor or tap tempo. In addition, the onboard Phrase Recorder lets you record what you play on the keyboard as well as the movements of the knobs and sliders. The controller data can also be played back independently to complement the notes you play in real time.
Connect directly to a computer (Mac or PC) with one simple USB cable, and stream audio directly to the software of your choice. GAIA's USB port can also be used to transmit and receive MIDI data, and to store your patches and phrases (recorded with the Phrase Recorder) to a USB memory stick. And for integrating with other external devices, the EXT input lets you connect external audio sources such as an MP3-player to play along with your favourite songs or backing tracks. Manipulate the incoming audio with three Centre Cancel modes, which let you minimise pre-recorded vocals, guitars, or bass.
Axial Synth Tone Libraries
Axial is Roland's official tone library where you can download new sounds for your Roland synth that have been specially designed by top programmers. On Axial you'll find a continuously expanding universe of creative inspiration for live performing and music production. From recreations of vintage analog classics to modern, cutting edge tones that are perfect for the latest music styles and beyond.
The sound downloads on Axial are grouped by musical genre and concept, making it easy to find the tones that will work best with your music. The site also features demo videos and sound clips, so you can check out the sounds and examples of their uses.
At less than 10 pounds, GAIA is lightweight, compact, and great for musicians on the go. The 37-note keyboard is full size, so performers can play naturally and comfortably. The synth can be powered via AC or batteries for the ultimate in portable convenience. A battery-life indicator ensures that you won't lose power unexpectedly. When used in conjunction with a battery-powered amp such as Roland's CUBE Street, MOBILE CUBE, BA-330 or KC-110, GAIA can be played and heard anywhere.
- Huge sound with three virtual analogue engines onboard, each with a dedicated oscillator, filter, amplifier, envelope, and LFO
- Layer up to five simultaneous effects, including distortion, flanger, delay, reverb, low boost, and more 64-voice polyphony for massive sounds without note drop out Fun, hands-on control panel
- Lightweight, compact body with 37 full-size keys
- Runs on AC or battery power for portable convenience
- D Beam, arpeggiator, and Phrase Recorder onboard
- USB ports for saving user patches to USB flash drives, and for audio/MIDI connection to computers
- Keyboard: 37 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 voices
- Sound Generator Section:
- Virtual analog synthesizer sound generator (Number of part: 1)
- (Oscillator + Filter + Amp + Envelopes + LFO) x 3
- PCM sound generator (Number of parts: 15)
- Patch Memory:
- Preset: 64
- User: 64
- Oscillator waveform: SAW, SQUARE, PULSE/PWM, TRIANGLE, SINE, NOISE, SUPER SAW
- Knobs/Sliders: PITCH, DETUNE, Pulse Width, Pulse Width Modulation
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Envelope Depth
- Modulation: Oscillator Sync, Ring Modulation - (Tone 2's OSC 2 is applied as modulation to Tone 1's OSC 1.)
- Filter Type: LPF, HPF, BPF, PKG (-12 dB/-24 dB)
- Knobs: CUTOFF, RESONANCE, KEY FOLLOW
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, Envelope Depth
- Knobs: LEVEL
- Envelope; Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- LFO Shape: TRIANGLE, SINE, SAW, SQUARE, Sample
- Knobs/Sliders: RATE, FADE TIME, PITCH DEPTH, FILTER DEPTH, AMP DEPTH
- Tempo Sync: ON/OFF
- DIST: Distortion, Fuzz, Bit Crash
- FLANGER: Flanger, Phaser, Pitch Shifter
- DELAY: Delay, Panning Delay (with tempo sync function)
- REVERB: Reverb
- LOW BOOST; Low Boost
- Knobs: Control 1, Level
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- D BEAM Controller
- Arpeggiator: Preset pattern: 64
- User: 8
- Number of Track: 1
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4 inch phone type)
- Headphone jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
- PEDAL jack (TRS phone type)
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER (supports USB Hi-Speed Audio/MIDI)
- USB MEMORY (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed flash memory)
- EXT IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
- DC IN jack
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride AA batteries x 8)
- * Batteries sold separately.
- * Zinc-carbon batteries or alkaline batteries cannot be used.
- Approximately 5 hours
- * Using rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries
- * Approximately 4 hours if USB memory is connected
- * Differs depending on the conditions of use
- Owner's Manual, Guide Book, CD-ROM (USB DRIVER), DVD Video, AC Adaptor (PSB-1U), Power Cord
- Width: 689 mm - 27-3/16 inches
- Depth: 317 mm - 12-1/2 inches
- Height: 100 mm - 3-15/16 inches
For more official roland sounds visit Axial.roland.com
Axial is the official Roland tone library site where you can download new sounds for your Roland synthesizer that have been specially designed by top programmers.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.