Roland Boutique A-01 MIDI Controller and Sound Generator w/ Keyboard
Roland Boutique A-01 MIDI Controller and Sound Generator w/ KeyboardDetails
The Roland A-01 MIDI Controller and Sound Generator is a truly open-ended controller that offers multiple connectivity options for every MIDI format. Thanks to the A-01's intuitive operation and 192x40 LCD screen - plus the K-25m keyboard - you'll always be in control. Designed for real-time performances, the module features dedicated dials and dual ribbon controllers that can be assigned to pitch bend, modulation, sound preview and much more. This ultra-compact Roland A-01 is pocket-sized, lightweight, can be powered by either batteries or USB bus power, and includes a built-in mini-speaker - perfect for today's modern musicians creating music on the go.
Product Ref: 67958View Full Description
Buy on finance from £9.66 per month Finance from £9.66 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Flexible Connectivity to MIDI and Analog Gear
Whether you're playing modern MIDI or vintage analog synths, working on a home computer, or touring with an iOS device, the A-01 module offers multiple connectivity options that can accommodate every MIDI format. For legacy MIDI synths, simply use the standard MIDI IN/OUT socket. To work with your favourite DAW software on either Mac or PC, the A-01 features a USB MIDI jack, while MIDI over Bluetooth allows you to produce on a tablet or smartphone as well as a computer. Better still, your faithful analog equipment and vintage modular synths can be incorporated into your new setup via the A-01's CV/GATE OUT.
Built-In Sound Engine and K-25m Keyboard
What you might not realise is that the A-01 is not only a MIDI controller, it's also a pocket synthesizer that is perfect for creating original music at home or away. With an 8-bit CPU sound engine developed by the engineer responsible for Roland classics including the JX-3P, this module echoes the concept of the Roland Boutique Family. Docking into the Roland K-25m keyboard unit, you'll have 25 velocity-sensitive keys at your fingertips for creating music in real time and driving external gear. Combined with a 16-step sequencer for sparking ambitious musical ideas, the A-01 goes far beyond control and kick starts your creativity.
Real-Time Control On Stage and In The Studio
Whether you're working on a complex studio arrangement or triggering synths at a gig, it's vital to have a MIDI controller that gives you the information you need at a glance. Thanks to the A-01's intuitive operation and visual representation of data, now you'll always be in control. Cleanly designed for real-time performance, the module has dedicated dials and dual ribbon controllers assignable to pitch bend, modulation, sound preview, and channel and polyphonic aftertouch, as well as CC and system exclusive data. Even in a pitch-black venue, you’ll be kept in the loop via the 192x40 graphic LCD screen, which gives you all the facts, right down to the shape of the output waveform.
- Ultra-compact controller and sound generator
- Highly portable for travelling musicians
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Dual assignable ribbon controls for pitch bend, modulation, sound preview, CC and more
- MIDI over Bluetooth
- CV/GATE output for legacy analog/modular synthesizers
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB bus-powered
- 192 x 40 LCD screen
- Built-in 0.5W mini-speaker for real-time sounds
- Weighs only 950 grams
- Includes mini-keyboard
- Controller Mode: 16 patches (4 patches x 4 banks)
- Synth Mode: 16 tones (8 tones x 2 banks)
- Seq Mode: 16 patterns (8 patterns x 2banks)
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- CV OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- GATE OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: MicroB type (MIDI)
- Bluetooth LE
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- USB bus power
- 500 mA (USB bus power)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 12 hours * This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Width: 300 mm - 11-13/16 inches
- Depth: 128 mm - 5-1/16 inches
- Height: 46 mm - 1-13/16 inches
- Weight: 950 g - 2 lbs 2 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.