View Full Description
Flexible Connectivity to MIDI and Analog Gear
Whether you're playing modern MIDI or vintage analog synths, working on a home computer, or touring with an iOS device, the A-01 module offers multiple connectivity options that can accommodate every MIDI format. For legacy MIDI synths, simply use the standard MIDI IN/OUT socket. To work with your favourite DAW software on either Mac or PC, the A-01 features a USB MIDI jack, while MIDI over Bluetooth allows you to produce on a tablet or smartphone as well as a computer. Better still, your faithful analog equipment and vintage modular synths can be incorporated into your new setup via the A-01's CV/GATE OUT.
Built-In Sound Engine and K-25m Keyboard
What you might not realise is that the A-01 is not only a MIDI controller, it's also a pocket synthesizer that is perfect for creating original music at home or away. With an 8-bit CPU sound engine developed by the engineer responsible for Roland classics including the JX-3P, this module echoes the concept of the Roland Boutique Family. Docking into the Roland K-25m keyboard unit, you'll have 25 velocity-sensitive keys at your fingertips for creating music in real time and driving external gear. Combined with a 16-step sequencer for sparking ambitious musical ideas, the A-01 goes far beyond control and kick starts your creativity.
Real-Time Control On Stage and In The Studio
Whether you're working on a complex studio arrangement or triggering synths at a gig, it's vital to have a MIDI controller that gives you the information you need at a glance. Thanks to the A-01's intuitive operation and visual representation of data, now you'll always be in control. Cleanly designed for real-time performance, the module has dedicated dials and dual ribbon controllers assignable to pitch bend, modulation, sound preview, and channel and polyphonic aftertouch, as well as CC and system exclusive data. Even in a pitch-black venue, you’ll be kept in the loop via the 192x40 graphic LCD screen, which gives you all the facts, right down to the shape of the output waveform.
- Ultra-compact controller and sound generator
- Highly portable for travelling musicians
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Dual assignable ribbon controls for pitch bend, modulation, sound preview, CC and more
- MIDI over Bluetooth
- CV/GATE output for legacy analog/modular synthesizers
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB bus-powered
- 192 x 40 LCD screen
- Built-in 0.5W mini-speaker for real-time sounds
- Weighs only 950 grams
- Includes mini-keyboard
- Controller Mode: 16 patches (4 patches x 4 banks)
- Synth Mode: 16 tones (8 tones x 2 banks)
- Seq Mode: 16 patterns (8 patterns x 2banks)
- PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- CV OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- GATE OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: MicroB type (MIDI)
- Bluetooth LE
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- USB bus power
- 500 mA (USB bus power)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 12 hours
* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Width: 300 mm - 11-13/16 inches
- Depth: 128 mm - 5-1/16 inches
- Height: 46 mm - 1-13/16 inches
- Weight: 950 g - 2 lbs 2 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.