Novation Dicer DJ Controller
Novation Dicer DJ ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 17456View Full Description
Spend another £180.01 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Plug Dicer in, slot it on your turntable/CDJ, and you can instantly set cue points and use them to trigger 'Hot Cues'. Or, flip Dicer into 'Auto-Loop' or 'Loop Roll' modes, to trigger loops, or 'roll' sections of the track to create climaxes, drops and glitchy breaks. Each 'mode' illuminates Dicer's pads a different colour, so you can instantly see what mode the pads in, even in dark clubs and venues.
The forthcoming Scratch Live 2.1 update will automatically map the Dicer to these functions and provide full LED feedback - red for Hot Cues, green for Loop Roll, and amber for Auto-Loop. Dicer can control all cue-point and looping functions in the current version of Serato Scratch Live 2.0. This requires you to simply 'learn' cue-point and looping to Dicer's pads, using Scratch Live's MIDI-learn function.
Dicer's buttons can also 'learn' other software functions. So, you can assign different FX to the pads, or trigger samples over the top of your mix, or even browse tracks in your iTunes library!
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden - DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
- Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch 'dice' buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation's reusable "DJ putty", your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including 'Hot Cues', 'Auto Roll' and 'Loop Roll'.
- Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from www.novationmusic.com
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers
Integration with Serato
Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 5 large round multi-colour back-lit trigger buttons
- 3 small round multi-colour back-lit function buttons
- Micro USB socket
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting Dicers in pairs
- Kensington Security Slot
- Fully USB bus powered
- Width & Depth: 90mm (3.5") length x 90mm (3.5") depth x 13mm (0.5") height
- Weight: 72 g / 0.16 lbs
- Mac OSX 10.10: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.9: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.8: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.7: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.6: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.5 - 10.5.8 or later: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.4: No
- Mac OSX 10.3: No
- Windows 8: Yes
- Windows 7: Yes
- Windows 7 - 64bit: Yes
- Windows Vista: Yes
- Windows Vista - 64 Bit: Yes
- Windows XP: Yes
- Windows XP - 64 Bit: Yes
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.