MASCHINE opens up new groove production horizons by combining the hands-on tactile advantages of traditional hardware grooveboxes with the amazing flexibility and intuitive workflow of Native Instruments' premium software. The sleek yet rugged hardware controller works great on the stage or in studio and its incredible library of kits, instruments and effects becomes your inspirational playhouse for exciting, dynamic grooves.
Assign Colours for Convenience!
You can visualise your sounds with the new colour-coding, which also speeds up the workflow. By assigning colours to the groups, sounds, patterns, and scenes, pads and group buttons on the hardware will light up with the same colours. If you want to keep track of which pad plays what, like a kick drum for example, you can simply give it a colour so you always know its there. It's a convenient colour coding system to help you seamlessly play. The new pads have increased sensitivity, so there's a new level of precision at your fingertips.
Explore the MASSIVE Synth
The Maschine Mk2 come with the full version of MASSIVE - a legendary synth that gave birth to the earth-moving bass tones and speaker-troubling leads that have defined the bass music genre. This incredible synth boasts 1,300 ready-to-go sounds, which you can browse instantly via the MASCHINE hardware. You can access MASSIVE's eight Macro controls via MASCHINE's eight control knobs, for perfect companionship between the hardware and synthesizer, providing fast workflow.
A New Master Section
The Maschine Mk2 boasts a revamped master section. Use new multifunction master push encoder to control volume, tempo and swing. Use new toggle buttons to select modes and accurately click through values without having to look at the screen or display. You get extra precision with note pitch changing and detail tweaking and navigating and scrubbing is much easier, thanks to the encoder's amazing physical response. The Maschine Mk2 enhances your musical workflow through physical response and visuals, all to make beat-making a breeze and a blast. There are 47 (normally white), backlit click-buttons and coloured transport controls.
Time Stretch and Pitch Shifting Capabilities
Use the MASCHINE 1.8 software for time stretching and pitch shifting. Stretch smoothly from one BPM to another, with the guide of automatic BPM detection. You can even stretch your audio to a specific length and fit one sample to the same length as another, for example. By using the pitch shift function to tune your samples, you could even make your beats harmonically match.
Take Advantage of New Effects
New, specially selected effects are included in the latest free software update, like TRANSIENT MASTER, a popular dynamics and mixing effect from Native Instruments, which has been fully integrated in the MASCHINE 1.8 software. Ideal for drum and percussion positioning, it allows you to mix from front to back, so you can provide each sample with exactly the right amount of space. Bring analog warmth and natural, harmonic compression to MASCHINE with New Tube, Tape Saturator and Tube Saturator effects and provide great sound colouring.
New Stylish Look and Improved I/O
The Maschine Mk2 itself has a slick design, with usability and reliability. The inverted displays give a better viewing angle and higher contrast which is great for performance or in the studio, whilst also a sharper look as you use it in dark environments. Native Instruments re-worked the USB-connector and MIDI I/O for a better experience whether that be on stage or in the studio. This also creates less risk of unplugging accidentally. It has new rubber feet means increased grip on the desktop, keeping the Maschine in place during even the most aggressive beat routines.
Experienced and new MASCHINE producers alike will appreciate the big time savings from these workflow improvements in the free MASCHINE 1.8 software update:
- Host transport control: Running the MASCHINE software as a plug-in in your DAW*, Control transport in the host software with the transport buttons on the MASCHINE hardware. Important: Requires the latest version of the NI Controller Editor
- New Browser sample preview mode: Scroll through the browser list easy and pre-hear samples without loading them
- Revised select screen: Now has velocity editing and individual note length.
- Auto-write pinning: Pin the Auto-Write button for improved automation recording and tweak with two hands!
- New hardware shortcuts:Easily select and erase events quickly
- Panic button:Cuts off all sound immediately from MASCHINE
- Improved missing sample handling: Now locates files per project - point the MASCHINE software to the location for one missing file, and it automatically resolves other related missing files
- Sampler play position indicator: See the play marker in the sampler wave display - also shown in the hardware display
- Save Group with samples: Now you can save Group with samples
*Please note that this feature isn't compatible with Pro Tools.
Now included with your Native Instruments controller is Komplete Select. This bundle allows you to create music straight out of the box and gives you access to a wide range of high quality Native Sounds. Among the included instruments are NI?s best-selling MASSIVE synth, the new sampled piano instrument THE GENTLEMAN, the true-to-life analog emulation MONARK synth and the acoustic/electric drum laboratory DRUMLAB, providing a production-ready system out of the box.
Komplete Select Features
- Komplete Select includes: Massive, Monark, Reaktor Prism, Retro Machines, The Gentleman, Vintage Organs, Scrabee MK1, West Africa, Drum Lab, and Solid Bus Comp
- Worth over 1000 if purchased separately
- Komplete Select owners get upgrade deals towards Komplete 10 and Komplete Ultimate
- Registered owners Maschine 2 and Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards will receive Komplete Select for free.
- 2 displays with 64x256 pixels (inverted)
- 16 multi-color, high-quality, illuminated pads with velocity and aftertouch
- 8 endless rotary potentiometers
- 1 endless encoder (30 steps)
- 47 backlit buttons
- MIDI I/O
- USB 2.0
- Kensington Lock
- Audio Units
- RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher)
- Width: 320 mm / 12.6"
- Length: 295 mm / 11.6"
- Height: 65 mm / 2.6"
- Weight: 1.8 kg / 4 lbs
- Windows: Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM
- Native 64-bit support for stand-alone and plug-in versions
- USB 2.0 Port, 11 GB free disk space for complete installation
- This product runs in demo mode after installation and must be activated before full functionality is available.