Korg microKORG Synthesizer
Korg microKORG SynthesizerDetails
The Korg microKorg is a great sounding miniature analogue modelling synth with Vocoder. The microKORG boasts the same dual-oscillator DSP synthesis engine found in Korg s critically acclaimed MS2000 and offers a wider selection of waveforms than any other modeled synth.
Product Ref: 4193View Full Description
Buy on finance from £9.12 per month Finance from £9.12 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Powerful Analog Sound
The Korg microKORG Synthesizer incorporates all the expertise and design aspects that Korg is renowned for, fitting them in this compact yet powerful synthesizer and vocoder. At the heart of the microKORg is the analog modelling tone generator, using the same DSP system as the MS-2000. The DSP analog modelling system is critically acclaimed for its analog warmth and sound-quality. The tone generator offers a wide range of waveforms, as well as filters envelopes, LFOs, effects, modulation and more. The intuitive design lets you edit and sculpt sounds on the fly, ideal for both studio applications and live performances.
Two Analog Oscillators
There are eight oscillator types in total including: Sawtooth wave, square wave, triangle wave, sine wave, Vox wave, DWGS x 64, Noise and Audio In. The voice of the microKorg consists of two oscillators, with OSC1 providing basic analog waveforms. The second oscillators allows you to apply ring or sync modulation, allowing you to create complex sounds with depth.
Integrated Vocoder With Microphone
One of the most prominent features of the microKORG is the integrated vocoder and microphone. This highly versatile vocoder delivers a distinctive sound, applying the tonal character of your vocals to the sound of an oscillator; for a truly unique sound and playing experience. The eight-band vocoder features sixteen filter in total, used in pairs. Its designed to emulate the classic sound of vintage vocoders, as well as shift filter frequencies and adjust the levels and panning, resulting in completely original sounds. A unique feature of the microKORG is the ability to ‘freeze’ the current tone of the vocoder, by using the Formant Hold Key. This allows you to play the current vocoder sound even when you're not speaking into the microphone. You can also save this tone to the program memory, allowing you to recall it at any time.
Premium-Grade Effects Section
The microKORG also boasts a high-quality effects section, boasting a wide variety of premium-grade effects, which you can use to add character and depth to the sounds you create. The microKorg provides three types of modulation effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Ensemble. There are also three types of delay effects as well as a two-band EQ for bringing out the best from your own sounds. The effects section also boasts a settable arpeggiator, with six arpeggio patterns in total. You can also adjust the length and resolution of the arpeggiator notes. The delay effects can also be synced with the arpeggiator or a MIDI clock, ideal for live performances.
Programs & Controls
As well as being able to create your own sounds, the microKORG boasts 128 programs ready for immediate use. The programs consist of a wide range of current and classic synth and vocoder sounds. The large rotary control at the program select section, allows you to select different genres in relation to your sounds. Simply select the music style/sound category and select the sound you require. From here you can edit the sounds to your choosing.
Design & Connectivity
The compact and portable design of the microKORG makes it ideal for use on the road. Employing a vintage aesthetic, the microKORG stays true to its routes with its classic style and look. The 37-note, velocity-sensitive keybed is ideal for both synth players and classic pianists, giving you that authentic feel, and expression. The ergonomic layout allows you to create sounds with ease, with dedicated controls for nearly every section of the synthesizer. It also boasts MIDI connectivity for connecting to external equipment, as well as for use with computers. A headphone output is also included for private listening and playing.
- A true synthesizer with an analog modeling tone generator
- Powerful-sounding oscillator section
- Knife-sharp filter section An amp section with great presence and distortion
- EG and LFO add subtle tonal movement
- Virtual patches for even more sophisticated sound-editing
- Versatile and distinctive vocoder
- 128 programs for immediate use
- A full range of effects
- Freely settable arpeggiator
- Process an external audio source via the audio inputs
- MIDI controller functionality
- Controls designed for easy access
- Pop and distinctive looks, and an included mini-mic
- Sound Generation Method: Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Synthesizer Program: Multi Timbral: 2 (max, Normal/Dual Mode)
- Voices: 4 voices
- Sound Source: 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator, Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF), EG x2, LFO x2, Virtual Patch x4
- Vocoder Program: Voices: 4 voices
- Sound Source: 1 Oscillator + Noise Generator, EG x1, LFO x2, 8 Channels vocoder, Level and pan of each channel can be edited, Formant Shift function
- General Specifications: Programs: 128 programs
- Effects: Modulation effects (3 types), Delay (3 types), Equalizer
- Arpeggiator: 6 types
- Keyboard: 37 Keys (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Inputs: AUDIO IN 1, and 2
- Level switch: LINE/MIC, [AUDIO IN 1, 2 (LINE)], [AUDIO IN 2 (MIC)]
- Outputs: L/MONO, R and Headphones
- MIDI: IN, OUT and THRU
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.