Korg microKORG S
Korg microKORG SDetails
Product Ref: 78810View Full Description
Buy on finance from £10.13 per month Finance from £10.13 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Elegant New Design
The Korg microKORG S features a new elegant design, retaining all the functionality of the original microKORG with an updated design. The microKORG S features new built-in speakers plus an elegant white finish with maple wood on the side panels. The original functionality is retained, giving you 2 oscillators with a wide range of controls and waveshapes to play with, to achieve the sound you want. Oscillator 1 features 71 waveforms in total, ranging from analog waves like Saw, Pulse, Sine and Noise plus more innovative choices such as Vox Wave and Cross Wave. Additionally there are 62 exclusive DWGS waveforms from Korg’s classic DW-8000, giving you the ability to reproduce a broad range of classic sounds. This enables you to create everything from electric pianos and guitars to bells, percs and more. You can also apply Ring and Sync modulation from the second oscillator to create complex timbres and waveforms for more intricate sounds.
The microKORG S features an 8-band vocoder, combining vintage sound and functionality with modern innovations. The vocoder lets you use your voice as an instrument, controlling your pitch and sounds in real-time utilising everything from single notes to chord progressions. You can capture and freeze the formants of your voice and play it across the keyboard, or shift the formant frequency to change the character of your voice. Changing the format frequency allows you change your voice in drastic ways, emulating the sound of males, females, children or even alien-like voices. Best of all, the microKORG S comes complete with its own microphone so you can use the vocoder straight away.
Built-In 2+1 Speaker System
One of the most prominent new additions to the microKORG S, is the integrated 2+1 speaker system. Korg have carefully constructed a speaker system consisting of dual stereo speaker with clear imaging plus a built-in woofer that delivers an impressive low-end response. The new design features a new box structure in the chassis, delivering a rich sense of volume that far exceeds the size of the speakers. The addition of the built-in speakers means you can perform and play anywhere you like, without the need for external speakers or headphones.
New Programs and Extended Memory
The microKORG S features an increased memory capacity, giving you more space to store you own creations as well as a range of new presets. Korg have added 64 power preset programs featuring everything from electric pianos to punchy leads, keeping at the forefront on the changing music scene. 64 additional slots are allocated for user programs, so you can save a whole range of original sounds without having to overwrite the preesets. You can also tweak preset programs to create your own version, encouraging sound design in the more novice user.
Favourite Select Function
The new ‘Favoruite Select’ functions allows you to assign up to eight of your favourite programs, allowing you to instantly recall the sound you need. This is highly convenient when it comes to live performances as it gives you the means to instantly access your favourite programs without having to wade through them manually.
Full Range Of microKORG Effects
Three types of modulation effects (chorus/flanger, phaser, ensemble), three types of delay effects (stereo, cross, L/R), and a two-band equalizer add the finishing touch to the microKORG. The delays can be synchronized with the arpeggiator or to an external MIDI clock a great feature for live performances or for laying down tracks. All effects can be edited to create your own, unique sounds.
- Built-in 2+1 speaker system ensures a rich and full sound at any volume
- Increased memory, new programs and additional user programs
- Favourite Select function allows you to recall your favourite programs instantly
- Elegant new design retains the spirit of the original
- All of the functionality of the original microKORG, plus so much more
- Full range of microKORG effects
- Multi Timbres: 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF)
- EG ×2
- LFO ×2
- Virtual Patch x4
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- 1 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- EG ×1
- LFO ×2
- 8 Channels vocoder
- Level and pan of each channel can be edited
- Formant Shift function
- Total: 256 programs (192 Presets / 64 Users)
- Favourite Programs: Up to eight favorite programs can be registered
- Modulation Effects: Flanger / chorus, phaser, ensemble (3 types)
- Delay: stereo, cross, L/R (3 types)
- Other: Equalizer
- Appregiator: 6 types (UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger), Step Arpeggiator function
- Controls: Real-Time control knob x5, Arpeggiator ON/OFF
- Keyboards: 37-keys (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Inputs: AUDIO IN 1 CONDENSER (with MIC/LINE switch, +5V, mini phone jack // AUDIO IN 1 DYNAMIC (with MIC/LINE switch, 1/4” phone jack) // AUDIO IN 2 LINE (1/4” phone jack)
- Outputs: L/MONO, R (1/4” phone jacks) // Headphones (1/4” stereo phone jack)
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU
- Amp Output/Speaker: 3 W / 4 cm x 1, 0.5 W / 3.5 cm x 2
- Display: 3 characters x1 line with 8 segment LED
- Power Supply: DC 9V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Battery Life: Approximately 4 hours or more (when using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 524 x 232 x 70 mm / 20.63" x 9.13" x 2.76"
- Weight: 2.5 kg / 5.51 lbs. (without batteries and included microphone)
- Included Items: AC adapter (DC 9V), Condenser Microphone
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.