Akai LPD8 Wireless MIDI Controller
Akai LPD8 Wireless MIDI ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 81787View Full Description
Spend another £181.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
MPC Style Pads
The eight backlit MPC-style pads are perfect for finger-drumming as well as triggering one-shots, loops, samples and more. The pads are velocity-sensitive delivering a natural and articulate sound, ideal for live performances and musical compositions. 8 encoder Q-link style controls allowing you to add and control effects on the fly, perfect for triggering and controlling automation. A whole host of other controls are also included such as Full-Level, customisable Note-Repeat and Tap Tempo functions. These versatile controls allow you to add flair and dynamics to your performance, giving you ultimate control over your sound.
As well as featuring a multitude of versatile functions, the Akai LPD8 also features customisable controls for enhanced configurations. The 4 onboard programmable memory banks allow instant recall of your own personal controller configurations, as well as being able to manage pad assignment, CC numbers, program change numbers and more. You can also store and manage all your programs using the LPD8 wireless editor software, allowing you to adapt to any situation.
Ultra Portable Design
The Akai LPD8 is ultra-compact in size, allowing you to take the unit anywhere you go. The highly portable design makes the LPD8 the ideal choice for the digital musician on the move, allowing you to create music as well as collaborate with others wherever you go. Its wireless Bluetooth connectivity frees you from the restraints of cables, allowing you to get setup and started within minutes. Setup is easier than ever thank to its class compliant design, offering effortless integration without the need for installing drivers. The unit itself can be powered either by USB cable or with 3 AA batteries (not included) for optimal portability.
- 2 banks of 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads to send note or program changes – ideal for triggering samples, playing virtual synthesizers or controlling DAW switch and button based parameters
- 8 assignable knobs for controlling virtually any parameter with a DAW, virtual instrument and virtual effect
- 4 programmable memory banks for instant recall of personal control preferences
- MIDI over Bluetooth to iOS and Mac OS X (Bluetooth LE4); MIDI over USB to Mac OS X and Windows
- Works with virtually any music software or DAW – perfect for controlling soft-synths, samplers, virtual drum machines, DAW controls, virtual effect controls and more
- Editing software for Mac and PC included for defining and recalling internally stored programs
- USB- or battery-powered (3 AA, not included)
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC, no driver required
- Controls: (8) backlit pads, velocity-sensitive; 2 pad banks; full-level button, (8) 270° knobs
- Note Repeat:
- Time Divisions: 1/4-note, 1/4-note triplet, 1/8-note, 1/8-note triplet, 1/16-note, 1/16note triplet, 1/32-note, or 1/32-note triple
- Modes: Latching (toggle) or momentary functionality
- Swing: 50 , 56 , 58 , 60 , 62
- Tempo: 30–240 BPM via Tap Tempo button (internal sync). Based on software tempo (external sync)
- Programs: 4 stored programs, configurable via free downloadable editor software
- Bluetooth: Profile | 4.0 Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) | Range* | Over 100 feet / 30.5 metres
- Power: Via USB or (3) AA batteries
- Dimensions: 12.4” x 4.3” x 1.3” (315 x 110 x 34 mm)
- Weight: 0.45 kg (1.0lbs)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.