New In Version 9.7
Ableton Push 2 now works with Abelton Live 9.7, featuring a range of new features and upgrades designed to improve the functionality and fun. More slicing features are now included, allowing you to chop samples by beat division or regions, as well as by transient or even manually for tactile slicing. The versatile slicing settings opens up a new world of rhythmic possibilities. Push’s new drum layout now comes with 16 set velocity levels for playing and programming. The new velocity levels will also work with Drum Racks and Simpler’s slicing mode for added versatility. MIDI routing has also been expanded, allowing you to select and record audio and MIDI ins and outs, directly from your Push controller. This gives you the ability to sample external gear, assign MIDI to and from different sources and more. Visual Feedback functions have been improved, allowing you to make your performance run easier, by colouring pads, tracks, clips and more. This new visual feedback functionality delivers new visual displays of clip phase and count-in. Additionally, the pad sensitivity will adapt to whatever you player, from percussion to sustain chords.
New Ways to Make Music
Push 2 puts even more elements of song creation and performance at your fingertips. Play and program beats, melodies and harmonies, use new sampling workflows to slice samples across the pads, play single hits, or play back timestretched samples, and quickly browse preview and load anything from your library of sounds and instruments. Plus, with Push’s new smoother, more responsive pads and a multicolour display that adapts to show exactly what you need, Push is opening up new levels of playability for modern musicians.
Push 2 is equally at home in the studio or on stage. Keep your performances fresh and authentic by switching between improvising with loops and playing drums, notes, and chords - all from the same playing surface.
The controller has been carefully redesigned for an improved playing experience. The multicolour display shows exactly what’s needed to keep you in the creative flow without adding any distraction. Push’s new pads feel softer, smoother and more responsive so you can create expressive beats and melodies easily.
Push 2 lets you browse, preview and load your own sounds to produce beats, or alternatively access Live‘s vast library of drums. Play beats live with the 64 velocity-sensitive pads and adjust sounds and kits while you play, using the 8 touch-sensitive endless encoders. The 16 pad mode allows you to play in real time and simultaneously step sequence beats and adjust loop length. You can also tweak timing, velocity and parameter values individually for each pad.
Playable Notes and Chords
The pads on Push 2 promote a fresh approach to music-making, harmony and melody and are ideal for those looking for a new, intuitive way to make music. You can reach larger intervals very easily and patterns can be played with the same fingerings in all keys meaning you don’t have to know any of the traditional music theory or keyboard patterns to play and create music. With the touch of a button, select a key and scale and start playing. Push 2’s touch slider can be used to add pitch bend or modulations.
You can step sequence notes and chords on Push 2 easily. Use the pads to enter notes, then make precise timing changes, create variations or adjust note length and velocity. You can even step sequence automation: record a parameter's value for each step to create rhythmic, quantized parameter changes that are locked to specific notes in your loop.
Get Creative with Samples
Push 2 has 3 separate workflows that offer fast and flexible ways to work with samples. Rearrange loops on the fly or create drum kits from recorded grooves by instantly chopping up long samples and playing each slice on a different pad through the Slicing mode. Classic mode lets you turn melodic samples into playable pitched instruments, and you can use the encoders to define start and end points as well as attack, decay, sustain and release for each. In One Shot mode, samples play back monophonically and all the way through, no matter how long you hold the pad which is ideal for playing drums. You can also transpose a playing sample without re-triggering it, allowing you to transform melodic phrases into whole new melodies.
Seamless Integration with Live 9.7
Launch clips and scenes, tweak device parameters and control mixer levels and sends on Push and Live can capture every movement. When you’re ready, switch from Push to your computer to find your music already laid out in Live ready and waiting.
- Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 9.7
- Play or step sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
- New sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
- Large multicolour display adapts to show what you need
- 64 sensitive and playable backlit pads
- 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
- Clip launch mode for live performance and arrangement recording
- Scales mode offers unique approach to playing notes and chords
- Includes Live Intro for new users
- Push hardware
- 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz with interchangeable heads for North/Central America & Japan (Type A), China (Type A & I), Europe (Type C), UK (Type G), Australia & New Zealand (Type I)
- USB cable 1.40m (55.12 inches)
- Quick Start Guide + Download version of Live 9
- Width: 370mm (14.57 inches)
- Depth: 293mm (11.54 inches)
- Height (body): 26mm (1.02 inches), (body + encoders): 46mm (1.81 inches)
- Weight: 2990g (6.6 pounds)
- External Power: 12V DC 1.25A
- USB Power: 5V/0.5A
- Two pedal inputs
- Kensington Lock
- Anodized aluminium
- Soft silicon pads
- Carefully calibrated to respond perfectly at any velocity
- RGB backlighting
- Control buttons gently click
- Lit with white or multi-colored LEDs
- Indicate a variety of states
- High-resolution endless encoders
- Touch responsive
- High-resolution RGB display
- Bright and clear
- Visible at any viewing angle and under any lighting
- 17cm touch strip for pitch bend/scrolling
- 31 LEDs for navigation