View Full Description
The Yamaha NSF-901 features the new A-PMD (Advanced Polymer-injected Micra Diaphragm) with improved cone paper. The speaker is light, rigid and stable, capable of producing high resolution sound with fast response and an impressive feeling of density. The A-PMD incorporates a powerful magnetic circuit with a large neodymium magnet and a highly stiff aluminium diecast frame that increases the aperture ratio. This leads to outstanding power handling and responsiveness in the mid frequency range - the heart of your music. The rubber surround, a spider made by Kurt Müller of Germany and meticulous tuning also contribute to the reproduction of high quality music and movie sound.
The new A-PMD is also featured in the bass unit. The use of a large ferrite non-shielded magnet ensures high drive power that provides impressive bass volume. The high rigidity aluminium diecast frame dampens resonance and reproduces bass with a deep sense of scale, achieving both power and speed. This means the full power of the waves is forced out through the air port, resulting in clear, powerful bass.
The Yamaha NSF-901 features a 3cm dome tweeter made of aluminium for toughness and responsiveness. Like the midrange unit, the tweeter uses a neodymium magnet. It delivers sound that links the medium and high ranges with natural smoothness and transparency. Firmly integrating the diaphragm and voice coil and using a thick surround material increases the sound density and resolution in the high range. With a heavy aluminium diecast tweeter plate that minimizes unwanted resonances and an extremely fine mesh grill that provides ideal sound dissemination, it faithfully reproduces dense sound atmospheres and nuances from high resolution sound source.
Innovative Cabinet Design
The design of the NSF-901's cabinet is a huge part of creating the speaker's superior reproduction capabilities. Standing waves are reduced to ensure highest accuracy, as well as to provide a full, three-dimensional sound with an awesome feeling of depth. The cabinet has non-parallel surfaces - the woofer and midrange sections are divided by a slanted partition and the entire enclosure is strengthened with vertical ladder bracing. The three way mitered joints ensure extremely tight joins so the entire cabinet behaves as a single unit, providing tight, powerful and accurate bass reproduction.
Designed by Toshiyuki Kita
Toshiyuki Kita is an internationally famous product designer who has designed this speaker to be an elegant addition to your home. The real wood veneer with luxurious piano finish presents a stunning appearance for any home theatre.
- Soavo Concept: Delivering Natural Sound
- New A-PMD Woofer reproduces high resolution sources with richly detailed sound and abundant power
- Aluminum dome tweeter with DC-Diaphragm with neodymium magnet
- Innovative cabinet design (non-parallel surfaces)
- Three-way mitered-joint construction
- Highest quality parts including Solen capacitors in the networks
- Graceful appearance designed by Toshiyuki Kita
- Type: 3-Way Bass-Reflex Floor-Standing Speaker System
- Woofers: Dual 16 cm (6-1/2'') Advanced PMD cone
- MidRange Driver: 13 cm (5'') Advacned PMD cone
- Tweeter: 3 cm (1'') aluminium dome
- Frequency Response: 32 Hz-50 kHz
- Nominal Input Power: 50 W
- Maximum Input Power: 200 W
- Sensitivity: 89 dB / 2.83 V/1 m
- Crossover Frequencies: 450 Hz / 3.5 kHz
- Impedance: 6 ohms
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 270 x 1,060 x 425 mm ; 10-5/8" x 41-3/4" x 16-3/4"
- Weight: 30.7 kg; 67 lbs./unit
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.