Akai BT-500 Belt Drive Turntable, Black
Akai BT-500 Belt Drive Turntable, BlackDetails
The Akai BT-500 Turntable offers record enthusiasts a unit that combines no-compromise audiophile performance with luxurious, elegant styling and modern features such as A-to-D LP conversion capability and wireless Bluetooth streaming. The built-in switchable phono pre-amp allows you to connect the BT-500 to either a traditional stereo or directly to powered speakers - seamlessly integrating into your existing setup. The isolated motor and belt-drive system ensure silent operation while the aluminium platter eliminates any residual motor noise/vibration for reliable performance value. The sleek black finish gives a clean aesthetic that will fit perfectly into any room.
Product Ref: 82620View Full Description
Buy on finance from £9.66 per month Finance from £9.66 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Exceptional Audiophile Performance
The Akai BT-500 Belt Drive Turntable is designed for the avid audio enthusiast, delivering unparalleled audio quality and performance. The no-compromise audiophile performance is perfect for vinyl lovers, delivering exceptional audio performance, all housed in a sleek, vintage-style turntable. This high-performance belt drive turntable delivers the perfect balance between modern digital technology and vintage analog performance. Perfect for the audiophile and vinyl lover, the BT-500 features a selectable sampling of up to 48kHz and includes gold-plated RCA jacks for the best possible signal transfer. The BT-500 features two standard speeds: 33 1/3 and 45 RPM and the turntable comes complete with a 45 RPM adapter. Additionally, there is a built-in switchable phono preamp for use with powered speakers.
USB and Bluetooth Connectivity
In addition to its exceptional audio quality and performance, the Akai BT-500 features both USB and Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to expand your listening experience as well as offering vinyl conversion capabilities. The built-in USB port allows you to easily connect the BT-500 to your computer, allowing you to record audio directly from your vinyl collection. The selectable sampling rate of up to 48kHz results in the best possible audio performance, perfect for converting your vinyl collection to digital formats. The built-in Bluetooth connectivity gives you the ability to stream music wirelessly to any Bluetooth enabled speaker (not included). This is perfect for the modern day vinyl enthusiast, allowing you to play your music wherever you are, without the need for tedious cabling.
Stylish, Durable Design
The Akai BT-500 is designed to be as stylish as it is functional, with its sleek, black finish and brushed aluminium controls, the BT-500's design fuses vintage aesthetics with a modern day sheen. The BT-500 features an isolated DC motor and the belt-drive system minimises any noise for silent operation. It also includes a low-mass tonearm with precision damped cueing and a die-cast anti-resonance aluminium platter with a heavy non-slip rubber mat, all incorporated to ensure the best possible performance and audio quality. The heavy MDF base helps to minimise vibrations and eliminate any acoustic feedback you may encounter. The BT-500 includes a dual moving magnet cartridge with a removable headshell.
- Isolated DC motor and belt-drive system ensures silent operation
- Die-cast anti-resonance aluminium platter with heavy non-slip rubber mat
- Low-mass tonearm with precision damped cueing
- Built-in switchable phono pre-amp for use with powered speakers
- Streams music wirelessly to any Bluetooth speaker - sold separately
- Converts vinyl records into digital files via USB connection to computer
- Selectable sampling rate: 44.1kHz or 48kHz
- 1/8'' headphone jack; gold-plated RCA jacks for optimum signal transfer
- Unique leveling bubble and adjustable feet keeps the unit perfectly level
- Heavy MDF base minimises vibration to eliminate acoustic feedback
- Includes dual moving magnet cartridge and removeable headshell
- 2-speeds; 33 1/3 and 45 RPM
- Includes 45 RPM adapter, USB cable, audio cable and AC adapter
- Luxurious black finish with brushed aluminium controls
- Turntable Type: Belt driven
- Motor Type: Isolated DC motor
- Speeds: 33-1/3 - 45RPM
- S/N Ratio: 67 dB (A-weighted)
- Output Level: 2.5 mV (preamp off); 155 mV (preamp on)
- Phono Preamp Gain: 34 dBV nominal, RIAA equalized
- Preamp: Switchable
- Wow and Flutter:
- USB Function: 44.1 kHz-48 kHz (user selectable), 16 bit; USB 1.1
- Replacement Cartridge Type: Dual moving magnet
- Replacement Cartridge: AT95E
- Replacement Stylus: ATN95E
- Power: 12V DC, 500mA
- Base: Heavy MDF base
- Output Connections: Gold-plated RCA jacks
- Platter: Die-cast anti-resonance aluminum platter
- Included Slipmat: Non-slip rubber mat
- Leveling System: Level bubble with adjustable feet
- Tonearm Material: Aluminum
- Pivot Material: Aluminum
- Controls: Aluminum
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 444 x 364 x 123 mm / 17.48” x 14.3” x 4.84”
- Weight: 6.3 kg (13.8 lbs.)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.