Zoom G3X Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal And USB Audio Interface
Zoom G3X Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal And USB Audio InterfaceDetails
A partner for recording and a powerful tool for live performance.The G3X gives you 94 types of effects and 22 amp models with the ability to use 6 effects simultaneously all controlled by the intuitive stomp box size panels with new scrolling function. The G3X also has an expression pedal which adds even more potential for sonic expression.
Product Ref: 29766
- Zoom G3X Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
- Also Works As USB Audio Interface
- Quality Modelled Amps, Stompboxes & Effects
- Edit & Share Software for Mac/PC
- Steinberg Sequel LE Recording Software
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Realistic and Varied Guitar Amp, Stompbox and Effects Models
The G3X models a collection of the world's finest amps. The sounds produced are so realistic they even include harmonics and cabinet modeling so even the sonic characteristics that vary depending on physical traits have been recreated. By combining amplifiers and cabinets from different makers you can also create your own unique amp sounds.
Zoom's new sigmoid curve clipper re-creates the smooth clipping of a tube amp's waveform allowing the G3X to simulate amplifier sounds including clean, crunch and full-gain drive tones authentic to the original models whilst maintaining the subtleties of picking and strumming techniques.
The G3X also has 94 diverse types of stompbox presets and you can use up to six effects in any combination. G3X's effects include distortion, compression, modulation, delay and reverb. Its HD Reverb uses DSP power to produce a rich resonance that rivals outboard gear used in pro studios and live rigs. By using this 32-bit floating-point processing the G3X possesses amplifier sounds that are more realistic than ever before. You can still use the G3X in conjunction with traditional stompboxes. Add a G3X to your pedalboard and you will expand your system's effects and modeling capabilities whilst reducing the size and complexity of your setup.
There are over 100 built-in DSP effects on the G3X. Try its compression and wah pedals, chorus effects or reverbs. The dynamic flangers, tremolos, pitch shifters, multi-tap delays, reverse delays and more open up tons of creative options. The G3X can store up to 100 of your original creations without a hitch and with the G3X's 1ms patch change speed you can change from rhythm playing to a solo in an instant by simply pushing the switch.
To view the full list of amp, stompbox and effects models on the G3X effects unit please download the PDF below.
USB Audio Interface for DAW Recording
The G3X also operates as an audio interface allowing you to record directly to your computer via USB. Record all of your sound settings to your favourite DAW such as the included Steinberg Sequel LE recording software. The pedal's direct monitoring capability eliminates any latency problems, assuring realistic studio conditions and hassle-free operation.
With the G3X's built-in XLR output you can avoid DI boxes completely and directly connect the effects unit to any mixing console. a convenient Pre-Post switch can direct an effected sound to the main outputs while passing the guitar signal directly to the XLR output without the help of an A/D converter.
Optimise the G3X's tones using the different output modes based upon its connection with your personal rig. Modes for the front inputs of combo and stack amps the G3X can be used as a preamp when connected to a power amp input. By selecting the direct mode with a line connection, you can achieve a realistic guitar sound that is optimised for live use and recording. The G3X's signal-to-noise ratio of 120dB and noise floor of -100dBm virtually eliminate background noise. The ZNR noise reduction removes feedback and other unwanted sounds, providing you with beautiful tones and natural release.
Easy Patch Editing and Extra Zoom Features
The three stomp box style panels allow you to use and edit up to six models of effects and amps at the same time. Using the new scroll function you can quickly and easily access and adjust effects and with the use of the three knobs on each screen sound creation and reordering is extremely simple. The automatic saving of effect parameters gives stress free editing without having to worry about losing your favourite sounds.
The G3X includes vintage wah-wah modeling so you can use the expression peal to achieve that classic sounds. The pedal is ready to use as soon as you choose an appropriate effect and allows you to control pitch, volume and other traditional pedal effects such as gain, modulation and mix level in real time as you play.
The G3X's looper function includes 40 seconds of phrase recording and dubbing. The 'sound on sound' function allows you to layer guitar sounds as many times as you want in real time. Use looped sounds as backing tracks or create a full band effect with the built in drum machine and DSP effects for a live solo!
The integrated drum machine lets you choose from 40 different rhythms including 4, 8 and 16 beat, shuffle and many others. The tap key also makes it easy to directly set the tempo. The pedal also has a tuner function which offers real-time response with precise accuracy. Simply hold down the pedal's center footswitch to bring the strings back on pitch. This is especially useful when playing live and the bright LCD display, LED indicators and output mute help you use the feature with minimal disruption to your performance.
There are three choices of power source with the G3X, AC adapter (included), batteries or USB bus power when plugged into a computer. Four AA batteries will provide over six hours of continuous play.
Free Edit & Share Software for Mac/PC
Zoom's Edit & Share software is available as a free download for the G3X and allows you to create, edit and save your personalised amp and effect settings on your computer. Sort your patches, download new ones or share your creations with others.
- Effect Types: 116
- Simultaneous Effects: 6
- Patch Memory: 10 patches x 10 banks
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit, 128times over-sampling
- Signal Processing: 32bit floating point and 32bit fixed point
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +1dB -3dB (10kΩ load)
- Display: LCD x 3
- Input: 1/4'' phone jack
- Rated input level: -20dBm
- Input impedance: 1MΩ
- ACTIVE / PASSIVE: (Switch selectable)
- Output R:
- 1/4'' phone jack x 2
- Maximum output level: +5dBm (Output load impedance 10kΩ or higher)
- L/Mono/Phones Output:
- 1/4'' stereo phone jack(LINE / PHONES)
- Maximum output level: [LINE] +5dBm (Output load impedance: 10kΩ or higher), [PHONES] 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
- Balanced Output:
- XLR jack
- Output impedance: 100Ω(HOT-GND, COLD-GND), 200Ω(HOT-COLD)
- PRE / POST (Switch selectable)
- GND LIFT(Switch selectable)
- Control Input: For FP02 / FS01
- USB: Audio Interface: 16bit / 44.1kHz
- Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS X v10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7
- S/N: 120dB
- Noise Floor: -100dBm
- Power: AC adapter DC9V / Center negative / 500mA (ZOOM AD-16)
- Batteries: AA/LR6 battery x 4
- Battery Life: 6 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- USB: Bus power
- Dimensions: 175(D) x 323(W) x 66(H) mm
- Weight: (without batteries) 1.6kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- Headphones and In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.