Variable Analog Preamp Circuits
The innovative new AV series features a completely analog preamp circuit with a variety of resistors and capacitors which allow you to select between 8 unique preamp circuits. This impressive design effectively allows you to switch between the sound of 8 classic valve amplifiers. Each preamp circuit is based on an iconic Vox amplifier model such as the AC30 top boost sound and AC15 with EF86 tubes making the AV30 Combo a versatile and powerful valve amplifier.
12AX7 Preamp and Power Amp
The AV30 uses two 12AX7 tubes, one for the preamp and one for the power amp, delivering an even more dynamic sound. The internally supplied voltage is 60V; this high voltage allows the potential of the vacuum tubes to be fully utilized, and lets you obtain natural and powerful distortion reminiscent of some of the most iconic tube amplifiers.
Preamp and Power Amp Mode Switches
Four slide switches allow you to modify the response of the vacuum tube peripheral circuitry. For the preamp tubes, there are two switches: ‘Bright’ boosts the high frequencies, and ‘Fat’ boosts the low end. For the power tubes, you can change the operating point of the vacuum tubes by using the ‘BIAS’ switch to select either a clear and modern sound or an easily distorting vintage sound, and the ‘Reactor’ switch lets you vary the amount of feedback to the power amp, changing the damping factor to obtain a more dynamic, wide-ranging, and crisp sound.
8 Selectable Amp Models
Combined with the tonal versatility of the selectable power amp circuit, the Vox AV30 also features 8 selectable amp models which range from clean to crunch and even high gain. Each amp model has its own distinct tonal flavour and can be further modified with the 3 band EQ and switchable power amp circuit.
On Board Effects & Cabinet Emulation
Vox are no stranger to providing high quality digital effects on their amplifiers and the AV30 is no expectation. Including modulation, delay and reverb effects the Vox AV30 packs in all the essentials whilst allowing you to control each effect independently for impressive tonal shaping versatility. Additionally, the headphone output incorporates impressive cabinet emulation which offers realistic presence and cabinet warmth perfect for silent practise.
Innovative Cabinet Design
The Vox AV30 features a superior baffle cabinet design to provide efficient sound projection whilst the front mounted speaker offers a loud and spacious sound. Combined with a proprietary bass-reflex design the Vox AV30 offers a natural sound balance with rounded lows and dynamic response.
- Eight analog preamp circuits to reproduce the sounds of eight tube amps
- Clean to high-gain tones, with careful attention paid to circuit design
- Pre and power amp sections use the 12AX7 dual triode tube, delivering real tube sound
- Four modes modify the response of the vacuum tube peripheral circuitry
- Two channels each with independent amp models and EQ controls
- High-quality modulation, delay, and reverb effects
- Send/Return FX loop connections
- Integrated baffle cabinet design for efficient sound projection
- Front mounted speaker provides loud, clear, and spacious sound
- Proprietary bass-reflex structure delivers natural sound balance
- Power level control allows the volume to be adjusted while maintaining the tonal character
- Headphone output is equipped with a cabinet simulator for realistic sound & presence
- Hi-Fi spec AUX input allows an audio input source to be faithfully reproduced
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" Instrument, 1 x 1/8" Aux
- Outputs: 1 x 1/8" Headphones, 1 x 1/4" Speaker Output
- Other Connections: 2 x 1/4" FX Loop (Send/Return), 1 x 1/4" Footswitch
- Channels: 2
- Power Output: 30 Watts
- Amp Models:
- Clean 1
- Clean 2
- Crunch 1
- Crunch 2
- OD 1
- OD 2
- H.Gain 1
- H.Gain 2
- Power Level
- Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Volume
- Valve Controls (Pre Amp): 2-Way Bright Switch, 2-Way Fat Switch
- Valve Controls (Power Amp): 2-Way BIAS Switch, 2 Way Reactor Switch
- Effects: MOD, Delay, Reverb