Rickenbacker 660 12 String Electric Guitar, Fireglo
Rickenbacker 660 12 String Electric Guitar, FiregloDetails
The Rickenbacker 660 12 String Semi Acoustic Guitar features a charactered maple cutaway body along with a neck-through maple neck. Based on an innovative design from the 1950's, the 660 12 string is equipped with a duo of Rickenbacker's own Vintage Single Coil Toaster Top™ pickups which deliver a bright, clear and warm tone. As well as sound, a full host of aesthetic are appointments are featured, including the visually striking 'checkered' black and white binding, and the classic fireglo finish. With its stunning looks and stunning appearance, the 660 12 string is the perfect choice for players who want to add rich tones with sustain to their performances.
Product Ref: 79936View Full Description
Buy on finance from £75.21 per month Finance from £75.21 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Charactered Maple Body
The Rickenbacker 660 12 String Semi Acoustic Guitar is constructed from charactered maple and fashioned into a distinctive and unique design to create a stylish instrument. This elegant maple body produces a tastefully complex and clean tone that has plenty of warmth to it, brightening up the top end whilst tightening the lower end. Along with this guitars natural tone, its elegant curved shape keeps the body lightweight and provides full access to the higher frets.
Finished in Rickenbackers popular Fireglow finish, as well as classic checkered black and white binding, the 660 12 string will stand out from any crowd. Additional features include a vintage-style cream pickguard, pearloid triangle inlays, Gotoh Vintage-type tuners, and the Rickenbacker branding on the headstock.
Neck-Through Maple Neck
The rosewood fingerboard is bound to a maple neck for added stability and offers a stylish look. The neck-through construction achieves an extraordinary amount of sustain. With a slim, sleek design and excellent low action, this neck-through design eliminates the need for a guitar heel and provides easier access to the higher frets. In addition, the guitar's neck produces a tight and warm tone with the maple offering a snappy attack with sizzling highs and firm lows, whilst the rosewood helps keep the tone mellow and offers some sparkle to the highs and thickens up the lows. Another benefit of this type of neck construction allows the guitar to stay in tune for longer, therefore eliminating the need to constantly re-tune during performances.
Toaster Top Pickups
The 660 is electronically engineered to the exacting standards of the vintage reissue series including toaster top pickups for added authenticity. This duo of vintage single coil toaster top pickups yields a classic Rickenbacker Jangley tone that is bright, clear and slightly deep. Each pickup is equipped with six individual Alnico magnets set vertically inside the coil giving you that classic sound. Their distinctive chime will sit well in any mix, and is an ideal choice for players who prefer a jangley tone.
- Equipped with two vintage single coil toaster top pickups which deliver a warm, bright and clear tone
- Elegant charactered maple cutaway body offers access to the higher frets and comfort
- Decorated with Rickenbacker's "checkered" black and white binding for visual appeal
- Neck-through design provides easier access to the higher frets as it eliminates the need for a heel, and also yields greater sustain and prolongs the tuning
- The use of 12 strings provides a richer tone with enhanced sustain
- Stunning pearloid triangle inlays across the rosewood fingerboard
- Gotoh Vintage-type tuners offer a classic appearance
- Finished in the popular Fireglo colour with cream pickguard
- Series: 600
- Body Type: Solid
- Body Material: Charactered Maple
- Binding: Checkered Black and White
- Body Colour: Fireglo
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Type: Neck Through
- Scale Length: 62.9 cm (24 3/4'')
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets:
- Fret Size: 21
- Position Inlays: Traingle
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Single Coil Toaster Top™
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Single Coil Toaster Top™
- Controls: 2 x Volume and 2 x Tone
- Pickup Switching: Toggle Switch
- Output Type: Mono
- Bridge: 12 Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Vintage-type
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Pickguard: White
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.