View Full Description
Switchable Output Options
This portable combo amp offers a versatile choice of three outputs including 50 watts class A/B and 30 watts class A, allowing you to tailor the amp to the situation. This is ideal for times where extra power is needed, or scaled down for smaller performances. The 30 Watt mode provides you with a classic jangle, chime and clarity that many guitarists look for. At the flick of a switch, you can easily access the 50 Watt mode, which delivers an iconic British rock tone. Controlling both modes is easy, with the range of highly responsive EQ controls including Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, HF Drive and Master Volume.
HF Drive Control
In addition to the standard control options, the Orange Custom Shop 50 also features HF Drive control. This unique setting allows you to fine tune the upper harmonics, giving you a distinctive tone. When turning the dial to the 3 o’clock position, it adds negative feedback at the output stage for a rich, thick overdrive which sails through any mix.
Classic Orange Styling
The Custom Shop 50 Guitar Amp Head is finished in Orange's legendary appearance dating back to 1968, including basket weave vinyl, signature picture frame edging, signature 'picture frame' edging and iconic hieroglyphs on the control panel. Made from solid 18mm plywood, this retro-looking amp head is solid, rugged and durable. Reinforced corners also add to the sturdy construction, and ensure that the internal components are protected. The additional built in carry handle means this compact amp head can be easily transported between performances.
A Brief History
Founded in 1968, Orange has been a pioneering force in the guitar amplification industry and is popular across the world. Even today, Orange still continue to maintain their high prestige and push back the boundaries of conventional valve amplifier design. Their superb craftsmanship and quality control has allowed Orange amps to stand the test of time, giving their owners as much pleasure now, as the day they were bought. Their quality ensures a premium product and a guarantee that the customer is investing in a worthwhile product. Each Orange amplifier is put through many rigorous test procedures before leaving the factory, which maintains the level of excellence.
Free Orange 20ft Instrument Cable
Constructed from ultra-high-conductivity copper and boasting gold-plated Neutrik connectors, this 20ft Orange instrument cable is more than just a distinctive orange.
- Single channel amp head offering a classic British tone
- Meticulously hand wired with premium grade components and heavy gauge copper wire for a prestigious product
- 50W Class A/B and 30W class A modes for a unique feel and response
- Highly responsive EQ section including Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, HF Drive and Master Volume
- HF Drive control allows for fine tuning of the upper harmonics
- Footswitchable EQ lift provides an awe-inspiring canvas for lead work, adding fullness and singing sustain
- Lightweight with carry handle for portable use
- Reinforced corners for added protection during transit
- 18mm Birch Plywood Construction for Optimum Durability
- Signature Skid Feet Help Fix the head to the Stage or Cabinet
- Classic Orange hieroglyphs, and signature picture frame
- Front Panel Controls:Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, HF Drive, Master Volume
- Rear Panel Controls: 50W Class A/B 30W Class A Switch
- Valves: 2 X ECC83/12AX7 | 2 X EL34
- Speaker Output Options:1×16Ω, 1×8Ω OR 2×16Ω
- Dimensions: 55×27X24CM (21.65×10.63×9.45IN)
- Weight: 18.55KG (40.9LB)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.