Music Man 'Old Smoothie' Music Man StingRay 40th Anniversary
Music Man 'Old Smoothie' Music Man StingRay 40th AnniversaryDetails
Product Ref: 71880View Full Description
Buy on finance from £64.07 per month Finance from £64.07 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Vintage StingRay Reproduction
Celebrating the 40th anniversary of Ernie Ball Music Man, the team have introduced a faithful reproduction of the Stingray prototype #26 which was developed, tested and overseen by Sterling Ball himself in the 70's. This bass guitar design would go on to be one of the most renowned bass guitar styles ever created. Built as a re-creation of the original prootype, the 'Old Smoothie' features all the components that made the original so sought after.
Original Vintage Construction
Working from the original design of the StingRay prototype #26, the 'Old Smoothie' features a range of components and materials found on the original design. The alder body and single-piece maple neck with rear-mounted truss rod produces the classic sound and feel of the original StingRay basses. The bass features the classic 34'' scale length with a maple fingerboard, allowing you play even more complex riffs with ease, minimising any crossover between notes.
The 'Old Smoothie' also features a unique 10 pole piece humbucking pickup (taken from the original design) and custom active electronics that allow to fine-tune the tone of your bass guitar. The classic Music Man bridge features individual string mutes for added versatility, catering to a range of playing styles. All these components combine to produce a thick, warm bass tone that retains its clarity in the low-end.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Body Colour: Chocolate Burst
- Bridge: Music Man® Chrome Plated, Hardened Steel Bridge with Vintage Stainless Steel Saddles and Adjustable Mute Pads
- Body Dimensions: 34.3cm x 4.1cm x 114cm / 13.5'' x 1.6'' x 44.88'' (Width x Depth x Length)
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Select Maple
- Neck Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Neck Colour: Natural Aged Light Yellow
- Scale Length: 86.4cm / 34''
- Neck Radius: 19.1cm / 7.5''
- Neck Construction: 6-Bolts - Perfect Alignment with No Shifting
- Fingerboard: Select Maple
- Frets: 21 Low-Profile, Narrow Width
- Fret Markers: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Rear Mounted, Adjustable
Hardware & Electronics
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome Plated Brass Control Cover
- Controls: Custom ''Old Smoothie'' 2-Band Active Preamp; Volume, Treble, Bass
- Pickup: Custom ''Old Smoothie'' Humbucker with 10 Elongated Alnico Magnets and Split Cover
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with Tapered String Posts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.