Marshall 2555X Silver Jubilee Re-Issue Guitar Amp Head
Marshall 2555X Silver Jubilee Re-Issue Guitar Amp HeadDetails
The Marshall 2555X Silver Jubilee guitar amp head is a modern re-issue of the 2555 amp with the same sonic characteristics and functionality, back by popular demand. Originally released in 1987 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the founding of Marshall Amplification and the 50th year of Jim Marshall being in the music business. The new 2555X features improvements on the back panel output jacks and now has no selector, instead has five speaker output jacks. Complete with silver vinyl covering and chrome-plated control panel.
Product Ref: 55564View Full Description
Buy on finance from £30.01 per month Finance from £30.01 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Based on JCM800 2203 and 2204 Master Volume models, the Jubilee amplifiers were the first Marshall products with Pentode/Triode switching, which halves power output.
The Jubilee Series featured an innovative, if somewhat unusual, preamp circuit which had three gain 'modes'; Clean, Rhythm Clip, and footswitchable Lead Channel. The Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence controls, although shared between channels, were re-designed and offered more tonal variation than any other Marshall Product had before.
There have been some feature improvements made to the 2555X. On the back panel the original 2555 had two speaker output jacks and a rather awkward Output Impedance Selector. For easier operation this selector has been removed and is replaced by fiver speaker output jacks ranging 16 Ohm to 4 Ohm. The Mains Voltage Selector from the back panel has been removed, as each 2555X amplifier is now fixed to match the mains voltage of each country.
There are also some minor cosmetic improvements, the handle end caps are silver metal instead of black, the input jack nut is chrome instead of black plastic, and the Mains/Standby switches look slightly different.
- Model : 2555X
- Range: Vintage Re-issue
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 2
- Wattage: 100W
- Inputs: 1
- Controls: Input Gain (Pull Rhythm Clip), Lead Master, Output Master, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Pentode/Triode Switching
- Pre Amp: 3 x ECC83
- Power Amp: 2 x EL34
Dimensions & Other
- Dimensions: 750mm x 230mm x 310mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 22.1kg
- Footswitch: Single Button Channel Change
- FX Loop: Yes
- D.I Output: Yes
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.