Gretsch G6136 '59 Vintage Select Chet Atkins with Bigsby, Orange
Gretsch G6136 '59 Vintage Select Chet Atkins with Bigsby, OrangeDetails
The Gretsch G6136 '59 Vintage Select Chet Atkins with Bigsby delivers a classic 1950s style tone with its pair of TV Jones Classic pickup. This historic model features a full host of traditional Gretsch features including a pair of F holes, Bigsby tailpiece, Gold Plexi pickguard with Black Gretsch Logo and many more. Crafted from laminated maple, the G6136 provides you with a warm tone, with a crisp clarity. Its hollow body design offers a lightweight guitar that is perfect for gigging musicians who play quite frequently.
Product Ref: 81212View Full Description
Buy on finance from £78.35 per month Finance from £78.35 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Laminated Maple Hollow Body
Like many models from Gretsch, the G6136 '59 stays true to the original design and astounding classic aesthetics. Crafted with a laminated maple body, this iconic, hollow body guitar delivers a rich articulate tone, as well as crisp overtones that sits well in any mix. Another great benefit of a hollow-body design also makes the G6136 lightweight, and allows it to be played all night long. In addition, a pair of classic 'F' sound holes are also featured on the soundboard, which allows the natural sound to be projected acoustically. These elegantly cut holes, also provide a classic look that many guitarists associate with the 1950s era.
TV Jones Classic Pickups
The Gretsch G6136 '59 Vintage Select Chet Atkins is equipped with TV Jones Classic pickups that respond to every pick or strum, offering a refined, articulate tone and an unmistakable sound reminiscent of the 1950s era. Controlling these classic pickups is easy with independent volume controls, a master volume control and a three way toggle switch, that allows you to perfectly tailor your sound. In addition, the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end, for the ultimate sound.
Real Bone Nut Enhances Sustain
A real bone nut not only maintains its authentic appearance , it also offers excellent resonance and sustain. By using this particular type of nut over modern materials is that a bone nut delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a lot longer. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer, for the optimum performance.
The G6136's hollow body design is constructed using a 1959 trestle bracing. This classic bracing system is used inside certain Gretsch hollow-body guitar models, and improves the tone by increasing sustain and decreasing feedback.
Rocking Bar Bridge
The Rocking bar bridge is a long time favourite amongst Gretsch enthusiasts due to it delivering a smooth tone with enhanced sustain. This well-known bridge allows the bar to smoothly rock back and forth when used in conjunction with the Bigsby tailpiece.
Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece
Like many model by Gretsch, the famous Bigsby tailpiece is a common feature. Its iconic design allows players to add pitch-bending effects to their tone, whilst maintaining an accurate tuning.
As well as providing you with a classic tone, the '59 Vintage Select Chet Atkins includes a range of features that are instantly recognisable as Gretsch. These features include nickel “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, durable gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and nickel Grover Sta-tite tuning machines. This stunning guitar is equipped with everything that Gretsch fans love!
- Equipped with a pair of TV Jones Classic pickups that deliver a refined, articulate tone
- Crafted with an all-laminated maple body for a warm, classic tone
- Classic "F" holes for traditional Gretsch appearance
- A real bone nut enhances sustain and offers excellent resonance
- Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors provide an incredibly silky high end
- Vintage V-shaped neck profile offers classic playing experience
- 1959 trestle bracing connects the top and back of this guitar for authentic, snappy vintage tone
- Rocking bar bridge reacts in tandem with the Bigsby B6CVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning
- Includes a full range of classic Gretsch aesthetics for an iconic look
- Series: Gretsch Professional Collection
- Body Top: Laminated Maple
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Chet Atkins Hollow Body
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I Purfling
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Colour: Western Orange Stain
- Bracing: 1959 Style Trestle
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Vintage "V"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Thumbnails
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Bridge: Rocking Bar
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite Gold
- Control knobs: "G" Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.