Gretsch G6136 '55 Vintage Select White Falcon, Vintage White Lacquer
Gretsch G6136 '55 Vintage Select White Falcon, Vintage White LacquerDetails
The Gretsch G6136 '55 Vintage Select White Falcon is based on the original design from 1955 by Jimmie Webster. This iconic model is ideal for any guitar collection and features a full host of classic Gretsch features, along with a 1955 inspired Cadillac tailpiece for authenticity. Equipped with a pair of TV Jones T-Almond pickups, the G6136 delivers a multi-dimensional tone with plenty of articulate detail. This hollow body guitar is constructed from a solid spruce top, along with a laminated maple body. For added acoustic projection, a classic pair of F sound holes are included, which also adds to the overall retro appearance. Additional features include squeezebox paper-in-oil capacitors for a crystal-clear transparent tone, Synchro-Sonic bridge, a parallel tone bar bracing system and a deluxe hardshell case.
Product Ref: 81211View Full Description
Buy on finance from £96.43 per month Finance from £96.43 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Based on the original model from 1955 and designed by Jimmie Webster, the G6136 features a classic hollow body construction using a solid spruce top, and a laminated maple body. The solid spruce soundboard offers a powerful acoustic projection, and when combined with the laminated maple body, produces crisp overtones with plenty of resonance. Its hollow body design provides a lightweight guitar that is perfect for gigging musicians who play quite frequently. In addition, a pair of classic 'F' sound holes are also featured on the solid spruce soundboard, which allow the natural sound to be projected acoustically. These elegantly cut holes, also provide a classic look that many guitarists associate with the 1950s era.
U-Shaped Neck Profile
As well as offering a comfortable body shape, the Gretsch G6136 also features a standard “U”-shaped maple neck which bears a 12”-radius for the ultimate comfort. This particular type of neck profile is also ideal for players with bigger hands, or players who are more comfortable with their thumb on the back or side of the neck. In addition, an ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets delivers a memorable playing experience that works with any fret-hand style.
TV Jones T-Armond Pickups
The '55 Vintage Select White Falcon is equipped with a pair of TV Jones T-Armond single-coil pickups, which deliver a multi-dimensional tone with plenty of articulate detail. Both pickups are equipped with large Alnico cylinder magnets and very thin magnet wire, producing a full-bodied harmonic tone. The adjustable cylinder magnets enable each string to be dialed in for perfect string-to-string balance, and a balanced tone with less string pull. With its stylish arrow control knobs, you can easily blend and shape the pickup sounds, achieving a tailored sound. In addition, the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors offer an incredibly smooth taper and silky vintage high end.
For added quality, the Gretsch G6136 '55 Vintage Select White Falcon is equipped with a Synchro-Sonic bridge, which provides independent intonation adjustment for each string. This innovative bridge uses a sliding saddle for each string that can easily be moved forward and backward. Each saddle is topped by a thumbscrew that is easily loosened to allow saddle adjustment and then tightened to lock the saddle in place. An additional benefit of a Synchro-Sonic bridge eliminates the need for tools as adjustments can be made using only the fingers.
1955 Insprired Appointments
Finally, no Gretsch hollow body guitar would be complete without a full host of iconic appointments, that make it worthy of wearing the Gretsch name. The '55 Vintage Select White Falcon features the iconic Cadillac “G” tailpiece, gold jeweled arrow knobs, gold sparkle bound neck, body and F Holes, gleaming vintage white gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo. If that's not enough, you also receive a deluxe hardshell case for transportation between performances.
- Equipped with a duo of TV Jones T-Almond pickups for a multi-dimensional tone with plenty of articulate detail
- Includes a deluxe hardshell case for safely transporting your instrument between performances
- The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver a crystal-clear transparent tone
- Solid spruce top with a laminated maple body provides a flexible tone
- Gold Grover Imperial locking tuning machines and gold jeweled “G Arrow” control knobs
- Classic "F" holes for traditional Gretsch appearance
- Synchro-Sonic bridge provides independent intonation adjustment for each string
- Standard "U" neck profile is ideal for players with bigger hands or players who are more comfortable with their thumb on the back or side of the neck
- Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish provides durable protection
- Parallel Tone Bars bracing system reinforces the solid spruce top mated to laminated maple back and sides for powerful, balanced sound and increased projection
- Stunning Mother-of-Pearl Hump Block with Feather Engraving inlays across the ebony fingerboard
- Cadillac Tailpiece for a classic 1955 inspired appearance
- Series: Gretsch Professional Collection
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Falcon
- Body Binding: Gold Sparkle with W/B/W/B Purfling
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Colour: White
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Gold
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Number of Frets:
- Fret Size: 22
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Hump Block with Feather Engraving
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones T-Armond
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones T-Armond
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Synchro-Sonic
- Tuning Machines: Gover Imperial Gold
- Control knobs: Jeweled-Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Gold Gretsch Logo
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.