Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Left Hand Guitar, Ebony
Product Ref: 12678
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Left Hand Guitar, EbonyDetails
Introducing the Les Paul Traditional for Gibson USA. With the look, tone, play, sound, and weight like Les Paul players were growing up loving and lusting after, the Les Paul Traditional comes with an un-chambered mahogany body with traditional weight-relief holes for a beefy tone that maintains resonance of modern Les Pauls
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Revolutionary Plek Set Up
The Les Paul Traditional is the first model from Gibson USA to utilize the revolutionary Plek machine in setting up the guitar. The Plek is a German-made, computer-controlled machine that carefully measures each fret, along with the fingerboard height under each string, and then automatically dresses each fret, virtually eliminating string buzz and greatly improving the overall playability of the guitar. This pioneering process does in minutes what it takes a luthier several hours sometimes even days to accomplish. Every fret is accurately aligned, and the guitar is properly intonated, leaving the instrument Plekd and amazingly playable.
TonePros Kluson Vintage-Style Tuners
The Les Paul Traditional is outfitted with Kluson-style tuners from TonePros, which are made to look identical to the vintage tuners found on earlier Les Pauls. These new tuners offer world-class performance while retaining the classic look and feel of one of the most popular and most copied tuners of all time. These TonePros machine heads feature completely sealed components with an improved 16:1 tuning ratio.
'57 Classic Neck Pickup and ''57 Classic Plus Bridge Pickup
Among the qualities that make Gibson's original "Patent Applied For" humbucking pickups so unique are the subtle variations between coil windings. Introduced in 1992, the '57 Classic provides warm, full tone with a balanced response, packing that classic Gibson PAF humbucker crunch. The '57 Classic Plus is the perfect bridge-position companion to the '57 Classic, inspired by those original PAFs that received a few extra turns of wire. Its poly-coated wiring improves consistency by eliminating thick or thin spots on the wiring, and its wax potting removes all internal air space and any chance of microphonic feedback.
Weight-relieved Mahogany Body
Satisfying the call in the early 1980s to make a lighter Les Paul, Gibson engineers came up with the idea of placing strategically routed holes in the Les Paul's body to lessen the weight of the guitar. After trying several patterns, the final configuration of holes resulted in a Les Paul with enhanced acoustic qualities and improved resonance. This same period-correct pattern is used in the Les Paul Traditional. The body itself is made from premium mahogany, and it goes through the same rigorous processes as all the wood used by Gibson USA.
Clean Bridge: Clean Neck: Dirty Bridge: Dirty Neck:
The body is capped with a carved, maple top-plain maple on Ebony and Goldtops for a beautiful AA-maple on other finishes - and the hand fitted neck tenon sports the rounded, C-Shape profile common on the Les Pauls of the 80s and 90s.
Gibson's classic speed knobs make it comfortable and quick for players to turn up the volume and adjust the Les Paul's tone as needed in a flash.
The "Plus" maple caps on the Les Paul Traditionals emulate the tops of the Les Pauls from yesteryear (Ebony and Goldtop models are fitted with "Plain" maple tops. The Les Paul Traditional comes equipped with a period-correct creme-coloured pickguard, designed to protect the maple top.
Each Les Paul Traditional also comes with Gibson USAs standard black snakeskin case.
- Body Style: - Les Paul Carved Top
- Body Species: -AA Maple Maple Top and Mahogany Back (premium finish)
- Top: Maple
- Back: Mahogany (Solid Finish)
- Weight Relief: Traditional style weight relief
- Body Binding: Antique Cream
- Plating Finish:Chrome
- Tailpiece: Gibson Stop Bar
- Bridge: Gibson Tune-O-Matic
- Tuners: Tone Pros Kluson Style Green Keys
- Neck Pickup: 57 Classic
- Bridge Pickup: 57 Classic Plus
- Pickup Covers: Yes
- Controls: 2 Volume - 2 Tone - 3-Way Toggle
- Control Knobs: Gold Speed
- Control Pocket Cover: Black Molded
- Species: Mahogany
- Nut: Corian
- Nut Width: Standard Gibson: 1.695" +/- .050"
- Headstock Inlay: Gibson Logo
- Silkscreen: Les Paul Model
- Truss Rod: Gibson Adjustable Truss Rod
- Truss Rod Cover: Bell-shaped cover, stamped "Traditional"
- Fingerboard Binding : Rosewood
- Inlays: Figured Acrylic Trapezoid
- Fingerboard Binding: Antique Cream
- Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24 - 3/4"
- Type: Gibson Hardshell
- Case Interior: White
- Case Exterior: Black
- Silkscreen: Gibson USA Logo
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.