View Full Description
Click the link below to watch a video introduction to the Gibson Les Paul Standard
It begins at the neck, which features an enlarged neck tenon for maximum wood contact, and a new asymmetrical neck profile that makes it one of the most comfortable and playable necks ever offered. Locking Grover tuners with an improved gear ratio of 18 1 are also a first for the Les Paul. Custom-made, gold-plated potentiometers made by Bourns, give the Les Paul 2008 Standard a new level of sonic clarity and intensity
Click the link below to listen to the Gibson Les Paul Standard being played
The Les Paul Standard 2008 is also one of the first Gibson USA models to utilize the revolutionary Plek system-a computer-controlled setup that carefully measures and dresses each fret, accurately measuring the height between the fingerboard and each string, virtually eliminating string buzz and providing unbeatable playability. A set of Gibson's Burstbucker Pro humbuckers deliver the powerful punch expected from a Les Paul, faithfully capturing the magic of Gibson's legendary PAF pickups of the 1950s. A chambered mahogany body gives the 2008 Standard enhanced resonance, and a plain or flame maple top pays homage to the iconic Les Pauls of the late 1950s.
Other new features include TonePros' locking Nashville Tune-o-matic and stopbar tailpiece, strap lock buttons, and each one comes with Gibson USA's standard black snakeskin case.
Play the new Les Paul Standard 2008 from Gibson USA and experience the evolution of the greatest electric guitar of all time
- Body Species: Mahogany
- Top Species: AA Grade Figured Maple on Burst finishes, A Grade
- Fingerboard Species: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 243/4"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid Pearloid
- Neck Pickup: Busrtbucker Pro 1
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker Pro 2
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, one three way selector switch
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymmetrical
- Peghead Pitch 17°
- Nut: Molded
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Truss Rod Cover: Standard
- Tailpiece: Locking Tone Pros Chrome
- Bridge: Locking Tone Pros Chrome Nashville
- Knobs Gold Top Hat Knobs
- Tuners: Locking Grover
- Jack: Neutrik locking
- Case Exterior: USA Black Snakeskin
- Collateral This instrument comes with a complete Plek setup
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.