Gibson L-00 Vintage Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst (2017)
Gibson L-00 Vintage Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst (2017)Details
Product Ref: 78221View Full Description
Buy on finance from £79.79 per month Finance from £79.79 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Modern Build, Vintage Guitar
As part of Gibson's Vintage line, each guitar is hand built using the same tonewoods as the original models, including thermally aged top wood, historic bracing patterns, period-correct tuners, and hand shaped bone nut and saddle. The L-00’s hand crafted design ensures that the guitar’s performance is at its peak, allowing for a comfortably smooth play that feels like a truly historic Gibson from the moment you pick it up. From its its wide bone nut and "V" shaped neck, to the historically inspired ridge pins, and traditional firestrip pickguard, the vintage guitar offers everything from an old Gibson without the problems.
Thermally Aged Adirondack Red Spruce Top
Crafted from a thermally aged Adirondack red spruce top, the L-00 Vintage provides a very high velocity sound, as this type of wood has the highest stiffness across and along the grain compared to any other top wood. Red spruce is considered by many to be the holy grail in top woods, as it can deliver the highest volume ceiling of any species, yet also has a rich fullness of tone that retains clarity at all dynamic levels. The thermal aging process used on this top wood involves drying the boards to remove the moisture, followed by removing the oxygen and drying at a higher heat. This is then followed by slow cooling and reintroduction of moisture, which usually takes around 3-4 days. At the end of this process, you are left with a quality sounding tonewood with the classic matured tone of an older guitar.
Mahogany Back and Side Panels
Combining the spruce top with mahogany back and sides, the L-00 offers a beautiful tone with the highest quality that you would expect from a Gibson guitar. Mahogany offers a rich, thick present midrange and an earthy voice that is especially used in blues and bluegrass music. As well as a superb tone, the choice of mahogany also offers a beautiful grain and adds to the overall vintage look of the guitar.
As with many of Gibson's acoustic range, the LG-2 features traditional scalloped x-bracing. This particular type of bracing consists of two braces forming an 'X' shape across the soundboard which not only enhances the sound and offers a balanced tone, but also provides a reinforced sturdy structure.
Enhanced Finish and Feel
For the 2017 Model, Gibson have used their special sandpaper and polishing compounds to ensure that the guitar has the best finish on all the tonewood’s surfaces. They have also improved the fingebrorad’s edge by smoothing it down, allowing the players fingers to glide freely and achieve a natural feel. New penetrating and long lasting oil is used in the guitars finish for the fingerboard and bridge, helping to maximise the woods natural vibrancy for a greater overall sustain and resonance. The guitar’s setup is then finished off with the state-of-the-art plek technology, created by German engineers, creating create the finest playing surface possible, and ensure the frets always give you an optimum playing experience.
- 2017 Edition with Thermally Aged Adirondack Red Spruce Top for Superior Vintage Tone and Appearance
- Hand Sprayed Vintage Sunburst Finish to Replicate the Original 1930's Guitar
- Vintage Style Nickel Square Strap Tuners for Added Authenticity
- Historic Firestrip Pickguard for a Unique Look
- Hand Scalloped Bracing Provides a Fuller Sound Projection in a Smaller Body Guitar
- Historical Insppired Bridge Pins and Vintage Inspired Logo add to the Classic Aesthetic
- Includes a Black Hardshell Case with Plush-Lined Interior
- Includes Owner's Manual and Gibson's Gold Warranty
Body & Bridge
- Body Style: L-00
- Top: Thermally Aged Adirondack Red Spruce
- Back and Side: Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Top
- Bridge: Rosewood Rectangular Open Slot
- Bracing: Red Spruce, Traditional Scalloped X w/Hide Glue
- Construction: Compound Dovetail Secured
- Finish: 1930’s Style Vintage Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: ‘V’
- Scale: 25”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 12”
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Frets: 19
- Nut: Black Graph Tech Tusq
- Width at Nut: 1.75”
Hardware & Accessories
- Tuners: Relic, Vintage Style Square Strap
- Saddle: Bone
- Pickguard: Historic Style L-00, Firestrip
- Rosette: Multi-Ply Single-Ring
- Hardware: Nickel
- Strings: Light Gauge .012 - .053
- Included Case: Black Hardshell
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.