Gibson Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Reissue VOS Guitar, Bourbon
Gibson Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Reissue VOS Guitar, BourbonDetails
Product Ref: 53601View Full Description
Buy on finance from £103.75 per month Finance from £103.75 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Birth of the Burst
By 1958 the Les Paul had already evolved through several modifications including the arrival of the Tune-o-matic bridge and humbucking pickups. Despite this sales started to slow a little and president, Ted McCarty decided that the model's flashy Goldtop finish could be to blame. The elegant and traditional sunburst finish was introduced and has been a favourite ever since.
This new finish displayed the grain of the guitar's carved Maple top so Gibson now used bookmatched two-piece tops glued together with a center seam, giving each guitar its very own distinct look and marking the beginning of the guitar world's fascination with figured maple tops. The majority of the tops used in 1958 were considered "plain" when compared to the tops used just one year later and beyond. The 1958 Reissue features a less showy Maple top that is sometimes considered more authentic looking than those with highly detailed figuring.
Classic Les Paul Features
The 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue had all the ingredients that made Les Paul a classic in the first place. The body is solid, non-weight relieved Mahogany which blends depth and richness with the snap and clarity of a Maple top. The quarter-sawn Mahogany neck has a chunky, rounded 50s profile and a traditional long-tenon neck joint which enhance sustain and resonance as well as feeling great in the hand.
This Les Paul also benefits from Gibson Custom's 20th Anniversary specs. These include a one-piece Rosewood fingerboard, Kluson™ Deluxe machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate body and fingerboard binding color, new Custom Buckers created in the image of the original PAFs, and period-correct Aniline dye beneath its nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
True Vintage Tone
The new Custom Bucker on this guitar is an accurate representation of the original PAFs around in the late 50s using Alnico III magnets and unequal turns of 42 AWG wire in each coil for that characteristic bite. These pickups clean up beautifully at the guitar's volume controls, while Bumble Bee tone caps assist in that warm, singing tone when you roll back the tone controls. This Les Paul plays superbly right out of its Custom Shop hardshell case thanks to a trip through one of Gibson's state-of-the-art Plek machines before it leaves the Custom Shop floor.
Body & Bridge
- Top: Carved Maple Top
- Back: Solid, Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany Back
- Binding: Single-ply Cream Binding on Top
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond
- Finish Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Treatment: Aniline Dye
- Finish: Bourbon Burst VOS
- Bridge Type: ABR-1 bridge
- Plating: Nickel
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
- Plating: Nickel
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Species: 1-piece Mahogany Neck with Long Neck Tenon
- Profile: Early '50s Rounded
- Truss Rod: Historic Truss Rod Assembly (No Tubing)
- Joint Angle: 4° (+/- 15 seconds)
- Inlay: Holly Headstock Veneer w/ Pearl logo
- Truss Rod Cover: Vintage Black and White
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Neck Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Neck Adhesive: Hot Hide Glue
- Neck Joint Angle Tolerance: +/- .005"
- Nut: Nylon
- Width: 1.687
- Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- Fingerboard: One-piece Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.687/2.062
Electronics & Hardware
- Neck Pickup: Custom Bucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Bucker
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Capacitors: Bumblebee
- Toggle Switch: Three-Way with Amber Toggle Cap
- Output Jack: Traditional ¼"
- Tuners: Kluson™ Deluxe
- Tuning Ratio: 12:01
- Plating: Nickel
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Dial Pointers
- Toggle Switch Washer: Cream with Gold Silkscreen
- Pickguard: Cream
- Pickup Mounting Rings: Cream
- Control Plate Cover: Black
- Strings: .010 - .046
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Adjustment literature and documentation for the guitar's limited lifetime warranty
- Gibson Custom Shop Hardshell Case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.