View Full Description
Artist Signature Series by Fender
The world's greatest artists have come to Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. Artfully crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and toolings used to create the originals, Fender offers the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen.
For 2015, the Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish evokes decades of the most punishing playing and touring, with each one specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, along with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Michael Landau 1963 Signature
The Custom Shop Michael Landau 1963 Signature is equipped with a trio of Custom Shop Fat '50s single-coil pickups and 5-way pickup switching, as well as master volume and two tone controls. This configuration allows the 1963 signature strat to produce the classic stratocaster sound with enhanced bass response and 21st-century versatility. Other premium features include hand-selected Alder body and custom oval ''C'' neck profile, Custom Shop hand-wound '50s pickups and wiring, 6105 narrow jumbo frets, a period-correct headstock, vintage-style 6-saddle bridge and a three-ply mint green pickguard. This signature model comes complete with a unique worn fiesta red over three-colour sunburst finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, which imparts the appearance of decades of aging and use without heavy wear and tear. Also included is a Custom Shop hardshell case.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- Model Name: Micheal Landau Signature 1963 Relic Stratocaster®, Round-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard, Fiesta Red over 3-Colour Sunburst
- Model Number: 1552400140
- Serial Number: R83639
- Series: Artist Signature
- Colour: Fiesta Red over 3-Colour Sunburst
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Select Lightweight Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronised Tremolo
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Custom Oval ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25'' (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo (6105)
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Master Volume
- Tone 1: Neck/Middle Pickup
- Tone 2: Bridge Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Hardware Colour: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Certificate of Authenticity
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.