Fender American Professional Jazz Fretless Bass Guitar, 3-T Sunburst
Fender American Professional Jazz Fretless Bass Guitar, 3-T SunburstDetails
Product Ref: 82223View Full Description
Buy on finance from £40.33 per month Finance from £40.33 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A Classic Alder Body
The American Professional bass features a classic alder body, with comfortable contours that every player will love. Alder is the perfect choice for a guitar body as it produces a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity. It is also lightweight enabling the guitar to be played all night long without strain on your shoulder. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice since the 1950s, as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition make it perfect for rock and blues playing.
Slim C Maple Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard
The bass’s maple neck delivers an incredibly comfortable and smooth feel that adds tightness and cut to the guitars tone, while its slim c profile offers an incredibly fast performance. A rosewood fingerboard is coupled with the neck to provide warm characteristics, furring up the maple’s harsh sound. The maple and rosewood combination provides the bass with sizzling highs that sparkle, a low end that’s thick and firm, and a snappy attack in the midrange.
The fretless design provides the bass with a unique tone that fretted versions can’t achieve, since the string vibrations interact directly with the fingerboard wood. By removing the frets, players can achieve excellent precision, produce a naturally smooth slide, and create double-bass style vibrato and microtonal intonations. The Fretless bass is widely used in Jazz and funk since it offers a similar feel and sound as an acoustic double bass, but can work well in a wide variety of musical styles.
The Jazz bass is fitted with a set of Fender’s V-Mod single coil pickups, which are a modified version of their vintage design pickups. Designed with a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types, these pickups offer a high-output tone with vintage warmth. This setup provides the bass with an incredibly balanced tone that is saturated with authentic Fender sonic properties.
Graphite Support Rods
Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the bass’s neck, adding stability while reducing the amount of warping that may occur from temperature fluctuations and humidity. This is a particular advantage to players who travel, ensuring the instrument is always ready to play at a moment’s notice.
As well as offering the perfect tone and looks, the American Professional features a bone nut, adding to the classic aesthetics of the bass. The main benefit of a bone nut compared to modern materials is excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self-lubricates and helps the bass stay in tune for longer.
Elite Moulded Case
The American Professional instruments are delivered in an elite moulded case, featuring body-hugging contours which hold the guitar firmly in place. TSA latches are also included for enhanced security and easy access. This durable case is also stackable for easy storage and transport.
- Equipped with V-Mod Jazz pickups to deliver a balanced tone with authentic Fender characteristics
- Includes an elite moulded case for storage and transportation
- Slim C neck profile provides an incredibly comfortable feel and an ultra-fast play
- Fretless design provides a natural and smooth slide
- Rosewood fingerboard mounted on a maple neck to create
- Iconic body shaped crafted from alder, for a lightweight and comfortable feel
- Redesigned tuners create the optimum break angle over the nut for enhanced sustain and tuning stability
- Posiflex graphite truss rods reinforce against movement that occur with fluctuations in the environment
- Model Number: 0194100700
- Series: American Professional
Body & Bridge
- Shape: Jazz
- Body: Alder
- Bridge: 4-String HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Construction: 4 Bolt-On
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Colour: 3-Tone Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: Slim C
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- Number of Frets: Fretless
- Inlays: White Line Fret Markers
- Truss Rod: Posiflex Graphite
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: 2 x Volume, Master Tone
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys w/Tapered Shafts
- Control knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound, (.045, .060, .080, .100 Gauges)
- Case: Elite Moulded Case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.