Danelectro Hodad Guitar, Metallic Red
Product Ref: 31387
Danelectro Hodad Guitar, Metallic RedDetails
The double-cutaway Hodad Guitar reissue features signature Danelectro Lipstick pickups, a Masonite body, Maple C-Shaped neck and Kluson-style tuners.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Reminiscent of West Coast surf-style, the Danelectric Hodad Guitar remains as true to tone as ever. The doublecut reissue Hodad takes the original bodyshape that we first saw in the mid 50's and makes it more eyecatching than ever with cola bottle headstock shape and Satin Nickel hardware. Adding to the retro vibe are the Hodad's enclosed 'Kluson'-style tuners.
The twin alnico-powered Lipstick case pickups have warmer spec windings which offer sweeter tones and slightly hotter output, inspired by the Lipstick pickups first added to guitars by Danelectro founder Nathan Daniel in 1947. Pearloid dot inlays on the rosewood fingerboard compliment the hardware and simple volume and tone controls.
"Like a vintage Dano on steroids, the Hodad looks great, plays sweetly and costs less. Get one while you can; every Danelectro is limited and when they're gone, they're gone". "
- Huw Price, Guitar & Bass Magazine
- Body: Masonite
- Body Style: Double Cutaway
- Body Construction: Hollow with solid centre core tape binding
- Finish: Metallic Red
- Bridge: Adjustable
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 21
- Pickups: 2x Lipsticks Alnico Magnets
- Tuners: Enclosed 'Kluson' Style
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3 Way Selector, Push-Pull Coil Tap
- Hardware: Satin Nickel
Body and Bridge
Pickups and Hardware
The product price includes a one year warranty and 14 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 14 days to 60 days (terms apply after 14 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.