View Full Description
Limited Edition Series by Fender
Each Custom Shop Limited Edition guitar is only available for a short time, which makes it eminently collectible while also adding to its investment value. Crafted with many features normally reserved only for select artists and master-built instruments, these instruments are exactly what their name says - highly anticipated limited edition models.
For 2015, the Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish evokes decades of the most punishing playing and touring, with each one specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, along with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1955 Relic
The Custom Shop Limited Edition Relic is equipped with a Custom Shop hand-wound Texas Special single-coil pickup at the bridge combined with a TV Jones® Classic pickup at the neck, along with Greasebucket™ tone circuitary and 3-way blade pickup switch. This configuration and superior circuitry allows the Limited Edition Relic to produce a blistering hot output with a noticeable presence and midrange, while rolling off highs without reducing gain. Other premium features include a quartersawn Maple neck with a worn relic treatment and narrow jumbo frets, a distinctive Cabronita pickguard and reverse control plate (pickup switch behind the control knobs), as well as Custom Shop RSD telecaster bridge and Sperzel® tuners. This Limited Edition instrument comes complete with a classic black finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, imparting the appearance of years of aging and use without the need for heavy wear and tear. Also included is a Limited Edition case and a variety of other accessories.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Telecaster
The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster. An indispensable instrument, the Telecaster was the world's first successful solid-body electric guitar. Perfected after two years of development - and a name change or two - the Telecaster debuted in February 1951 and began its steady ascent towards the stage and studio. Ingeniously engineered with the ability to be heard both loud and clear, it was a marvel of simple design elegance and workhorse functionality. It is perhaps fitting testimony to its essential original rightness that the Telecaster design has hardly changed ever since.
- Model Name: Limited Edition Relic® Tele® Caballo Tono, Maple Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 1510046806
- Serial Number: CZ523805
- Series: Limited Edition
- Colour: Black
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Lightweight Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Bridge: RSD Telecaster
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Large ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875'' (42.8mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Controls: Reverse-Style Control Plate
- Master Volume
- Master Tone with Greasebucket™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Position 1: Neck Pickup
- Position 2: Neck and Bridge Pickup
- Position 3: Bridge Pickup
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel® with Pearl Buttons
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Strap Locks: Schaller®
- CruzTools® Tool Kit
- Limited Edition Case
- Neck Plate
- Certificate of Authenticity
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.