Plug In and Play
Unlike other synth pedals the SY-300 can be used with any guitar via a standard 1/4-inch cable and does not require a special GK pickup or 13-pin cable. Powered by an ultra-fast DSP and newly developed innovations from Boss, the SY-300 performs it's amazing guitar to synth transformation in real time, with no lag whatsoever. This delivers a latency-free playing experience that's a natural extension of your normal guitar, letting you to play freely and organically without altering your technique in any way.
Analog Style Synth
The SY-300 incorporates a polyphonic synth engine with three individual sections to provide a range of fresh and exciting tones like never before. With a variety of synth parameters such as wave shapes, filters, amps, pitch control and LFOs you can create any sound you desire whilst the built in step sequencer with tap tempo allows arpeggios and dynamic melody creation. Additionally they is also a blender function which allows mix and matching between different patches to create your dream tones.
Four Powerful Effects Engines
Effects play a huge role in synthesizer sound design, and the SY-300 is filled with options to take your tones into the stratosphere. Four simultaneous effects engines are available, each packing a number of effects types including overdrives and distortions, Slow Gear, Isolator, Slicer, and many others. Some types can even perform two effects at once, such as chorus and delay or delay and reverb.
Assignable Controls & Versatile Connectivity
Controlling the SY-300 while performing is simple. Using the four built-in footswitches, you can bypass the synth sound, scroll through patches, and control three different parameters of your choosing per patch. Two external footswitches or an expression pedal can also be connected for even more real-time control if needed. The Thru output lets you to send your dry guitar sound directly to your pedals or amp, or it can be used along with the Return jack as an effects loop. Dual output pairs (Main and Sub) offer assignable signal routing options to integrate with any setup, while MIDI In and Out/Thru jacks are provided for interfacing with switchers, drum machines, and other MIDI gear.
USB Audio Interface
The Boss SY-300 is loaded with a USB audio interface to record audio tracks directly into your digital audio workstation or chosen recording software. Whether you want to capture your fully modulated tone or just the dry signal the SY-300 can do it all. Furthermore you can also send signals from within your DAW through the SY-300 to add the raw synth power to a variety of audio types. The SY-300's USB connection also allows you to build and organize patches with the dedicated BOSS Tone Studio editor and download new patches from the BOSS Tone Central website.
- Play rich and expressive polyphonic synth tones with any guitar
- Completely latency-free playing feel directly connects your hands with the sound
- Three simultaneous synth sections and four effects processors enable rich, dynamic, and diverse sound creation
- Shape your normal guitar tone with synth filters, amplifiers, and LFOs to create all-new sounds
- Graphic LCD display, three assignable footswitches, and dedicated on/off footswitch
- 70 ready-to-play preset patches and 99 user patches for storing custom sounds
- Create and archive sounds on your computer with the BOSS Tone Studio editor/librarian
- Download new sounds at BOSS Tone Central
- Works with bass and other electronic instruments as well
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" Jack
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Jack (Main Output), 2 x 1/4" Jack (Sub Output)
- Additional Connections: 1 x 1/4" Thru, 1 x 1/4" Return, 1 x MIDI In/Out, 1 x 1/4" EXP CTL, 1 x USB
- USB: USB (Type B)
- Pedals: 1 x On/Off, 3 x Assignable
- Knobs: 6 x Rotary
- Buttons: 7
- Screen: LCD
- Presets: 70
- User Patches: 99