Alvarez AF66SHB Acoustic Guitar, Shadowburst
Alvarez AF66SHB Acoustic Guitar, ShadowburstDetails
The Alvarez AF66SHB Acoustic Guitar is a beautiful example of quality craftsmanship from Alvarez. Crafted from mahogany and despite its smaller body size, this elegant folk guitar offers a warm, focused tone with a powerful punch that's great for recording and live work. The Shadowburst finish on mahogany top brings out the grain, creating a warm look to compliment its tone. In addition, a full host of ornate details enhance the traditional appearance of this elegant guitar, and make it a worthwhile investment for any level of player.
Product Ref: 79681View Full Description
Buy on finance from £8.60 per month Finance from £8.60 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Solid African Mahogany
This Alvarez Folk guitar model is constructed to get best out of its smaller body. It is a lively and full sounding guitar that is suitable for all styles of playing whether finger style or strumming. The Alvarez AF66SHB Acoustic Guitar features an all-mahogany body, which offers a lightweight instrument, as well as a beautiful tone. Mahogany's dense properties produces a bright, rich tone, with plenty of fullness. By using mahogany for the soundboard, the AF66SHB Acoustic Guitar delivers a focused sound with strong mids, which is great for recording and live work. In addition, its stunning Shadowburst finish on the mahogany top, brings out the grain to create a warm look to match its tone.
The Alvarez AF66SHB Acoustic Guitar is also equipped with a forward shifted X brace design. This particular type of bracing structure involves both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars been scalloped. By moving the system forward it provides a larger soundboard, which is optimised with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
Real Bone Nut Enhances Sustain
This stunning folk guitar also features a real bone nut, which maintains its authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain. Another benefit of using a bone nut over modern materials is that a bone nut delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer, for the optimum performance.
Equipped D'Addario EXP Strings
Finally, the Alvarez AF66SHB Acoustic Guitar, is equipped with a set of D’Addario EXP strings, which are plain steel strings that feature hexagonal cores made of revolutionary NY High Carbon Steel. Manufactured in New York, these newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon strings deliver unprecedented strength and pitch stability, perfect for any style of playing.
- Alvarez ‘66 models are beautifully finished and have a deep glass-like shine
- Solid African mahogany top delivers a focused sound with strong mids, great for recording and live work
- Folk body shape provides a powerful tone despite its smaller body
- Forward shifted X brace design offers a larger soundboard and enhances strength and energy
- The Shadowburst on the mahogany top brings out the grain to create a warm look to match its tone
- A real bone nut offers an authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain
- Ornate details include Ivory ABS binding, rosewood fingerboard with Abalone and mother of pearl inlays, and an intricate rosette around the soundhole
- D'Addario EXP strings provide a superb, long-lasting tone and playing ease
Body & Bridge
- Series: Alvarez Artist
- Body Shape: Folk/OM
- Back/ Side Wood: Mahogany
- Top Material: Solid African Mahogany
- Bracing: FST2M - Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Bi-Level Rosewood
- Finish: Shadowburst/Gloss
- Binding: Ivory ABS
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Nut: Real Bone
- Fret Joint: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Overall Length (mm): 1015
- Body Width (mm): 390
- Body Depth at Heel (mm): 96
- Body Depth at Base (mm): 106
- Scale (mm): 630
- Scale (inches): 24 13/16"
- Nut Width (mm): 44.45mm
- Nut Width (inches): 1 3/4"
- Tuners: Premium Die Cast
- Strings: D’Addario EXP
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.