DISC Korg Wavedrum WDX Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer Pad, Black
Product Ref: 27090
DISC Korg Wavedrum WDX Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer Pad, BlackDetails
Winner of Percussion Product Of The Year 2010 in Rhythm Magazine and Music Radar, the Wavedrum is one of KORG's legendary musical instruments famous for its innovative design and unique sounds. An electronic performance instrument with close to infinite expressive sound capabilities.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
With its wide dynamic range equivalent to that of an acoustic instrument, the WAVEDRUM responds perfectly to the performer's action, from subtly nuanced touching and stroking to aggressive hitting. It has a wide variety of instruments ranging from standard acoustic percussion instruments to new and unique percussion sounds. Instruments that normally require special techniques to play, such as tabla, conga, etc., can be played easily.
The WAVEDRUM helps inquiring creative performers who seek new expressiveness and sounds. Besides ordinary percussion sounds, the WAVEDRUM contains totally new and unique sounds that are not available in real world and offers new ways of playing for new musical expression. Changing the pitch randomly with each hit, or play melodic phrases by setting a musical scale and applying pressure to the head, a performance characteristic unique to the WAVEDRUM.
You can get new previously impossible sound variations such as controlling the pitch or tone of the release part of a sound by pressing the head after playing it by hand or mallet. You can sustain sounds just by pressing the head. So, for example, the WAVEDRUM can produce sitar and tanpura sounds at the same time. - You can produce tanpura sounds only by hitting the head, and add sitar sounds by applying pressure and then hitting the head. Applying further pressure can change the pitch of the sitar continuously within the selected scale. Thus, you can express yourself by playing new sounds with new ways of playing available only with the WAVEDRUM.
The rim has two types of notches, small and large, and these can be used to get a tremolo type effect by scratching with sticks, etc. Combine the rim sounds with head sounds for an even richer, more original performance.
- AC Adapter
- Tuning key
- Allen wrench
- Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer providing new/unparalleled expressiveness through innovative synthesis technology.
- Versatile and flexible performance from a hybrid sound generation system combining DSP based synthesis algorithms and PCM playback engine.
- Unprecedented expression by creating unique sounds using the pressure sensor and piezoelectric pickup and translating subtle nuances of how the head and rim are played.
- Individual playing styles will produce different sounds depending upon how the head and rim are played, how pressure is applied pressure to the head, etc.
- 100 preset programs covering a wide range of sounds from standard percussion sounds to new and unique sounds.
- 100 user programs for storing your own sounds.
- Live mode can store up to 12 (4 programs x 3 banks) favourite sounds for instant recall during Live Performance.
- Compact and lightweight design allows for easy transport and set up.
- 100 loop phrases covering various genres and tempos allow Wavedrum users to jam along.
- AUX input allows monitoring of another WAVEDRUM, CD/MP3 player or any other audio source.
- Synthesis: DSP + PCM Combination
- DSP Algorithms: 36 Total
- PCM Instruments: 200 Total; 100 Head, 100 Rim
- Programs: 200 Total; 100 Preset, 100 User
- Loop Phrases: 100 Total; Various genres and tempos
- Effects: Reverb, Delay
- Panel Controls: Volume, Bank/Mode/Page select, Program/Parameter select, Value control, Write.
- Input/Output jacks: Output: L, R 1/4" unbalanced
- Phones: Stereo mini phone jack
- AUX IN: Stereo mini phone jack
- Display: 3-character 7-segment LED
- Sampling frequency: 48 kHz
- A/D, D/A conversion: 24 bit
- Power supply: DC9V 1.7A
- Dimensions: W x D x H: 349mm x 344mm x 749mm / 13.74" x 13.54" x 2.95"
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.