Alesis DM10 Studio 2011 6 Piece Electronic Drum Kit
Product Ref: 20460
Alesis DM10 Studio 2011 6 Piece Electronic Drum KitDetails
The DM10 Studio Kit is professional, six-piece electronic drum set with natural-feeling RealHead drum pads, low-noise DMPad Cymbals, the groundbreaking DM10 drum module, and a compact, flexible StealthRack.
Click on the link below to read a Sound on Sound review of the Alesis DM10 Studio Electronic Drum Kit.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
You will immediately notice the DM10 module's outstanding sound quality. This new drum sound module contains true drum, cymbal and percussion sounds, built from real samples of classic studio drums and prized cymbals. Drummers will find some of the most in-demand acoustic drum sounds from legendary drum brands, a huge arsenal of top producers' go-to snare drums, real American, Canadian, Chinese, and Turkish cymbals, and a choice selection of classic drum machine and electronic percussion sounds that have fueled the biggest hit records.
Discerning ears will notice that each sound is actually a series of different samples; multiple dynamic-level samples and articulations are all built in so as you play harder and softer, the drum or cymbal changes its timbre, not just its volume. This engineered realism is known as Dynamic Articulation, an Alesis exclusive. You can play with or without reverb for different room sounds and enjoy a wide variety of rimshots, rim clicks and different stick-placement sounds on the cymbals. For example, a hi-hat's sound depends on a number of factors: how open or closed the pedal is, how hard it is struck, and other variables resulting in 40 different sounds - plus foot chick and heel splash.
The DM10 module not only has a breathtaking collection of sounds on-board, it is also the world's first drum-sound module that enables you to load new sound sets via USB connection from your computer. This means that your sounds will always stay fresh, current and cutting edge.
You can also use the DM10 as a trigger-to-MIDI interface for performing and tracking with software drum modules such as BFD, Toontrack and Reason, among others. For practice, you can play along with the tracks in the DM10's internal sequencer, mix in an iPod or other MP3 player and play along.
The DM10 module has 12 trigger inputs, perfect for creating custom configurations. The DM10's top-panel mixer gives you easy access to creating custom mixes.
REALHEAD DRUM PADS
The DM10 Studio Kit features Alesis' acoustic-feeling RealHead pads in 10" and 8" sizes. The dual-zone pads feature real mylar drumheads and real triple-flanged counterhoops for the feel you demand. The snare and tom pads are dual zone, enabling you to perform rimshots, rim clicks or assign other sounds such as wind chimes, cymbals, gongs and cowbells on the tom rims.
RealHead snare and tom pads mount on standard 10.5mm L-rods with low-slip, knurled mounting surfaces.
You can use virtually any single or double kick pedal with the RealHead Kick Pad, or split the DM10's kick input with a Y-cable and connect an optional second kick pad for the pedal feel you prefer.
The DM10 Studio Kit includes a set of four low-noise DMPad Cymbals. The kit includes a DMPad Hi-Hat Cymbal, two DMPad Crash Cymbals, and a triple-zone DMPad Ride Cymbal. DMPad Cymbals provide a rubberized playing surface for a great balance between natural cymbal feel and low stick-on-pad sound. The Ride and one Crash cymbal feature large choke triggers on the undersides for accurate cymbal control. The DMPad Ride also features multi-zone triggering on the bell, face and edge. The DMPad Hi-Hat Cymbal and RealHat Pedal give you continuously variable control from wide open to tightly closed.
NEW FOR 2011 - STAGERACK
The StageRack is the backbone of the DM10 Studio Kit. With its rugged four-post design and industry standard 1 1/2" tubing, the StageRack provides supreme stability under the most serious drumming duress. The StageRack's clamps, mounts, and integrated boom cymbal arms are all fully adjustable with plenty of flexibility to securely fasten your drums, cymbals, and module exactly where you want. You won't need tools to make most adjustments so you can spend less time setting up and more time rocking out. Large enough to easily accommodate additional drums and cymbals - even acoustic drum, cymbal, and percussion instruments - the StageRack still takes up only a fraction of the space of an acoustic kit.
The DM10 Studio Kit gives you more - more drums, more cymbals, more sounds, more flexibility, and more value - to power your creativity.
Features / Specifications:
- DM10 high-definition drum module with 12 trigger inputs and mixer
- Load custom third-party sound sets or control computer software, all via USB
- RealHead 10" snare and four 8" toms - dual-zone drum pads with real mylar heads
- DMPad Cymbals: hi-hat, two crashes, and triple-zone ride
- Compact, four-post StageRack with integrated boom cymbal arms
- Premium sound library of uncompressed samples from real drums and cymbals
- Dynamic Articulation changes sounds' timbre along with dynamics for realism
- Play along and record yourself with the sequencer
- Mix input for practicing with CD and MP3 players
- Polyphony: 64 voices
- Memory: 128 MB, linear
AUDIO AND TRIGGER I/O
- Audio inputs: stereo (2x RCA)
- Trigger inputs: 12x 1/4" TRS
- Hi-hat controller input: continuous compatible (1x 1/4")
- MIDI: In, Out (2x DIN MIDI)
- Audio outputs: stereo Main (2x 1/4" balanced), stereo Aux assignable (2x 1/4" balanced)
- Headphone output: stereo (1x 1/4" TRS)
- Computer: High-speed USB for MIDI and computer transfer (1x USB slave)
SOUND SET AND SEQUENCES
- Preset sounds: 1,047
- Preset sound type: 16-bit uncompressed samples
- Preset kits: 100 (all kits can be overwritten)
- Sequencer patterns: 75 preset, 25 user (all patterns can be overwritten)
- Basses: 55
- Beatbox: 55
- Beat/drum machine: 59
- Chinas: 13
- Crashes: 36
- Hi-hats: 25
- One-hits: 349
- Kicks: 91
- Percussion: 151
- Rides: 28
- SFX: 31
- Snares: 85
- Toms: 69
- (1) DM10 drum module
- (4) RealHead 8" Dual-Zone Drum Pads
- (1) RealHead 10" Dual-Zone Drum Pad
- (1) RealHead Kick Pad
- (1) DMPad 12" Hi-Hat Cymbal
- (1) DMPad 12" Crash Cymbal
- (1) DMPad 14" Ride Cymbal
- (1) DMPad 12" Cymbal
- (1) RealHat Pedal continuous hi-hat control pedal
- (1) StageRack with clamps and cymbal arms
- (1) Cable snake with cable collars
- (1) Drumkey
- (1) Power supply
- (1) DM10 User Manual
- (1) Setup Guide
- (1) kick pedal not included
The product price includes a one year warranty and 14 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 14 days to 60 days (terms apply after 14 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.